How in the world do you do it...

trey21

I'm trying not to use a brush, but I end up with a lumpy ponyrail/bun...so not cute :nono:. I co washed this morning with some jojoba and suave and my hair detangled very easy. I added some mango butter and coconut oil and a little IC fantasia gel on the edges but I could not get my hair to lay flat without using the brush. I did tie my trusty silk rag on and wore it on my ride to work to help lay it down.

I am 3 months into this transtion but this stuff is thick!

Any suggestions...please

You could try using a very thin comb, like a rattail comb, to smooth the edges right before you put the scarf on.

HTH!

hmmmm.....WOW...i was just about to post this question too! I noticed people are very anti-boar bristle brushes...but are soft ones oK? I have a heck of a time trying to bun my hair with "hand smoothing"

You could try using a very thin comb, like a rattail comb, to smooth the edges right before you put the scarf on.

HTH!
Thanks. I was able to get the edges to behave but how do you get the rest of the hair so straight and able to lay down without the brush?

When bunning after a cowash, I make sure it's already parted how I want it, and when I rinse out the conditioner, I let the water push it all in the right direction, tie down with a scarf, and go to sleep.

When bunning after a cowash, I make sure it's already parted how I want it, and when I rinse out the conditioner, I let the water push it all in the right direction, tie down with a scarf, and go to sleep.
Thank you. I am going to give that a try tonight...I'll let you know how it works.

Hi... I lay my damp hair down (after applying leave in), put up in a ponytail and tie down with a scarf for at least 30 minutes before taking off scarf, letting my hair down, to allow my hair airdry a little more.
I put hair back up in ponytail and tie back down with my scarf... this is a pic of me 12 weeks post.

Hi... I lay my damp hair down (after applying leave in), put up in a ponytail and tie down with a scarf for at least 30 minutes before taking off scarf, letting my hair down, to allow my hair airdry a little more.
I put hair back up in ponytail and tie back down with my scarf... this is a pic of me 12 weeks post.

Thanks a bunch, I will definitely give that a try. Your hair looks nice and smooth on that pic.

Back