How In the World do ya'll do it???

leona2025

I've read so many times how it's good do your final rinse with cold water. I have super sensitive skin. Oh my goodness I could not take that cold water on my back. How in the world do ya'll do it? Do you do it every wash? What is the benefits of this?

I wash my hair in a laundry tub. So, the cold water only gets on my head not my back. I don't think I could take it on my back either.

I lean my hair back in the shower so the water only gets on my hair. I don't want that cold water touching any part of my skin or scalp, lol. If I wash my hair in the sink, same thing....I only run water on my hair.

I rinse in the bathtub (after I'm done showering) or in the bathroom sink ...also the water is cooler than what i'm used to but by no means frigid cold...

lmao.. I can't even do cool water.. I have to use HOOOTTTT water. Because i wash when i am taking a shower, I cant use cool water at all. I have sensitive skin also. Even in the summer, it has to be hot water

OP I've been wondering the same thing.

I can't stand cold water. I've tried it before but I just can't take the cold water. Next time I'll try with water that slightly cool. I'll make sure the the heat is on too.

Shiver me timbers...

I do cool water. I don't think you need to stand under there and freeze for the sake of sealed cuticles. :grin: Supposedly sitting under the dryer on 'cool' works too.

I'm usually out of the shower when I do it, so I lean back into the bathtub. If I'm in the shower when I do it, I have my towel handy to stop the cold water dripping on my back.

By the time I've finished washing and showering the water has gone cold anyway and I don't have a choice.:grin:

You're not actually supposed to let it touch your skin unless you like that kinda stuff. You stand back from the flow of water and lean forward so that the only thing getting wet is your hair.

I bend over my tub & use my removable shower head, so I never get my whole body wet during my routine. And also, the water I use is not COLD-ICY-WATER, but its considerably cooler than I normally wash with, and I would not like to have it on my flesh either....:yep:

I have a hose shower head in my bathroom so I just lean back and run the cool water through my hair with the hose...And the water doesnt touch my body or my scalp..So its not uncomfortable

I guess the key to the cold water rinse is having long(er) hair. I have neck length hair. I could probably do the cold water rinse in the sink but that would cause tangles.

In the shower it would be very difficult to rinse may hair without it touching my skin.

I lean my hair back in the shower so the water only gets on my hair. I don't want that cold water touching any part of my skin or scalp, lol. If I wash my hair in the sink, same thing....I only run water on my hair.

What Poka said. :yep:

i do the same thing - jus let it run on the hair

I guess the key to the cold water rinse is having long(er) hair. I have neck length hair. I could probably do the cold water rinse in the sink but that would cause tangles.

In the shower it would be very difficult to rinse may hair without it touching my skin.

My hair is neck length too. The water is going to touch your scalp, it's very hard to avoid that . But if you lean forward enough that's all it should touch.

I just started doing this again about two weeks ago after stopping more than two years ago and I tell you it makes a world of difference in how my hair is the next day. In the shower, I will just go to lukewarm, but in the bathroom sink, I can do it with minimum shock to my system.

You're not actually supposed to let it touch your skin unless you like that kinda stuff. You stand back from the flow of water and lean forward so that the only thing getting wet is your hair.

This may be what I did wrong. I tried to easy up to the cold water and tip my head back. I got doused real good and I tried to be a man and take it but:nono:. Next time I'll lean forward and see how that works out.

This may be what I did wrong. I tried to easy up to the cold water and tip my head back. I got doused real good and I tried to be a man and take it but:nono:. Next time I'll lean forward and see how that works out.

And have your towel or t-shirt ready to wrap around your head after you ring it out. Unless you don't mind the water from your hair dripping down your back once you stand up straight.

yep leaning forward works well so that the cool water only goes on your hair. Doing this cool rinse has reduced my frizz quite alot :)

I don't rinse with cold/cool water.

I rinse with warm water then allow my hair to drip dry, while I am wrapped in a towel. Eventually the water still left on my hair get cooler as it drips off, so I feel I get a similar benefit as with a cold/cool water rinse.

I kneel over the bath to wash and rinse my hair (I don't get tangles). I shuddered at the cold water at first, but now I build up to it, quick spritz of warm water then reduce to cold to very cold. The shine you get is very worth the effort!

I keep an empty 16oz water bottle in the bathroom. I fill it with cold water & a bit of ACV before my shower. After my wash routine I keep my back & body in the warm water and just pour the rinse over my head while leaning fwd. I then reduce the temp of the shower water so that it's cool not cold for a quick rinse to get rid of the ACV smell.
Rinsing in cool or cold water is beneficial for the skin, scalp & hair.

Back