How does your hair feel?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
When you touch you hair, how does it feel? When you run your fingers through it, do you have oil on your fingers- not a lot, but just a little shiny? Do hairs come out- like shedding when you run your fingers through it? Are your ends drier should I say less moisturized than the roots? I haven't been moisturizing every day? This is how my hair feels. I am asking these questions because I am still new to this and I am trying to gauge how my hair feels compaired to what you ladies tell me your hair feels like. I may have to tweak my products or the way I use them a bit. I have permed 4A(B-ish) type of hair. My ends get dry so fast, they are so thursty and I wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you all for responding in advance:yep:

I co-washed and oil rinsed last night and my hair is oily right now YUCK! I took my time and rinsed under very warm (it felt hot to me) water and then I conditioned.

Last week though (Sunday) was the first time that I co-washed in a LONG time and my hair loved it. My hair didn't feel dry the next day like it usually does, it felt nice. I moisterized and sealed my ends with oil everyday last week. My hair felt really good, the best it has felt in a while. I will continue with the co-washing for a while and see how it goes, so far I am liking the results.

On freshly washed, dried and flatironed hair, even after I've applied a little moisturizer on my ends, I can touch my hair and it does not feel greasy at all. It does if I applied too much serum which does happen sometimes. Also, on shampoo days when I DID NOT use a clarifying poo, it feels greasier. That's why I just use one everytime to prevent that.

It stays like that for a few days, but after I start using oils and if I add more moisturizer, it starts being greasy on day 3 and 4 after wash day. I notice it after I oil my scalp, which means I used too much. I have been trying to use less to also prevent that because my scalp soaks it up. I just apply too much sometimes.

Qhemet's Heavy Cream is one moisturizer that does not make my hair feel greasy, but it is heavy so I try to use it only once a week or so. My other moisturizers do seem to get that greasy feeling if I apply too much, even the ones without mineral oil and petroleum.

Also, around week 3 and 4 after a relaxer, my ends start tangling terribly. I always think I have split ends or that they are dry, but after I lightly detangle, apply a little oil and/or moisturizer and roll them overnight, they come out fine in the a.m.

(Sorry so much detail :))

Right now my ends are soft and moisturized like the rest of my hair. When I touch my hair, there may be a tiny bit of oil of my fingers, but I can't really see it. Sometimes I do have those days where my ends feel dryer than the rest of my hair, that means that I usually have some work to do, like maybe I need to clarify or doing ACV rinses seem to help my hair a lot too.

Back