How does a Porosity Control product fit into your regimen?

CurlsBazillion

I'm very interested in buying Roux Porosity Control and wanted to know... how do yall incorporate this product into your regimen? Does it decrease DC time?

I was using mine for about 1 minute after I shampoo before I DC. I would still DC for the same amount of time. I tried using it after the DC for the final rinse but my hair didnt feel as soft. Now that I have a steamer I am still trying to figure out how to use it. The first time I used it after I steamed and rinsed the conditioner, this last time i put it on top of the conditioner after I steamed and let it sit for about 5 minutes before I rinsed. I know that I need to use it after I steam to close the cuticle but I dont know how. :perplexed

We know its a great product to have in our arsenal but it is tricky. I'm struggling to imagine how it could still be a benefit if used after DCing.

I personally never liked PC. I use acv instead, and always as a final rinse. For me, if the purpose of the porosity control is to keep the cuticle smooth, doing it before a DC didn't make sense (and for me, didn't work well). So I use an acv rinse with a pH of 4 after rinsing out my DC. I do have to lightly rinse after using the acv, as my scalp doesn't like it being left on, and that raises the overall pH slightly, which is my goal.

I was using mine for about 1 minute after I shampoo before I DC. I would still DC for the same amount of time. I tried using it after the DC for the final rinse but my hair didnt feel as soft. Now that I have a steamer I am still trying to figure out how to use it. The first time I used it after I steamed and rinsed the conditioner, this last time i put it on top of the conditioner after I steamed and let it sit for about 5 minutes before I rinsed. I know that I need to use it after I steam to close the cuticle but I dont know how. :perplexed

I too use it after shampooing before DC'ing, apply for 1 minute in the shower. I used to do it last but like my results much better if done before conditioning. Many people mix it into their conditioner as well.

I'm getting a steamer soon and hoping I won't have to figure this all out again. Last week I did a clear rinse to help with porosity and I love the results of that so I may not use the RPC as often as I did in 2011 which was weekly.

I add it to me DC.. yeah thats longer than it should be on but it helped my hair a TON. I used to use a strong protein and would still have breakage. I've come to accept that I will always ave breakage because my hair is thin/fine but the PC made it so much better. The hair is stronger for sure.

I do 1 month on, 1 month of or 1week on/off depending. So its 50/50 with my DC and PC

Have you considered Fermodyl 619? Search for the thread, I find it easier to incorporate into my regimen rather than PC, to help with porosity issues.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

I gave up on PC because it caused my hair to tangle really bad, I have fine highly porous hair.

I have the shampoo (which I seemed to do more good than bad) and the conditioner. I had good results using it before a moisturizing conditioner when I was relaxed, but I haven't tried it as a natural. I don't think I've needed it.

I use before DCing. I tried it after but it didn't make sense to me.

PC is designed to make your hair more accepting of whatever process is next in your reggie ie. before colour, before relaxer, and in my case before a DC. This has always been my understanding of the benefits of PC.

I personally never liked PC. I use acv instead, and always as a final rinse. For me, if the purpose of the porosity control is to keep the cuticle smooth, doing it before a DC didn't make sense (and for me, didn't work well). So I use an acv rinse with a pH of 4 after rinsing out my DC. I do have to lightly rinse after using the acv, as my scalp doesn't like it being left on, and that raises the overall pH slightly, which is my goal.

Never tried PC....I use a final ACV rinse to control porosity

For those of you use use ACV for porosity control, do you rinse it out or leave it in?

I use acv and leave it in... I do it after shampoo and before dc or as a final rinse... I love it for after shampoo bars

I have overly porous hair and I always Deep Condition with Heat. Dryer/Steam or Heat Cap.

Therefore, I know, my cuticle is open/swollen/raised. So, in order to restrict/flatten/close the cuticle and restore to proper ph balance.

So, I use a Porosity Controlled Product as my Finishing Rinse.

Right now I am using Hairveda ACV Phinising Rinse to close the Cuticle once I deep condition.

I also use:

Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner
Bear Fruit Hair's Shine Rinse(s)
*French Perm Stablizer* (only after the Relaxer process)
Roux Porosity Control

I must admit, Roux now has become my Least favorite of the Acidifying Conditioners. It also has the highest Ph Balance.

I also feel the ph Balance of my Products are fine.:yep:

I add it to me DC.. yeah thats longer than it should be on but it helped my hair a TON. I used to use a strong protein and would still have breakage. I've come to accept that I will always ave breakage because my hair is thin/fine but the PC made it so much better. The hair is stronger for sure.

I do 1 month on, 1 month of or 1week on/off depending. So its 50/50 with my DC and PC

I'm almost completely sold but I think I will try an acv rinse for porosity control and see if that works. I'm trying to only use natural products only anyway. btw are you relaxed? cutiebe2

Last edited:
I'm almost completely sold but I think I will try an acv rinse for porosity control and see if that works. I'm trying to only use natural products only anyway. btw are you relaxed? cutiebe2

I'm natural. I used ACV for a long time and i still do but it alwaya seemed to just close my cuticle and thats it. I tried PC on a whim and the biggest benefit was the strength of my hair. The strands seem thicker. I have fine hair so strength is always an issue.

I mix it with biolage ultra hydrating balm or with the generic Sally's version of biolage hydrating balm. Makes my hair shiny. I also spray a little diluted acv on my hair/ scalp after conditioning.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I too use PC after Wen Fig and before my dc on my high porosity hair. I almost gave up on it because I was using it as a final rinse and it was...no bueno. Now I use it before every dc and my hair is able to retain moisture alot better. I apply it like my dc and leave it on for 10 or 15 mins.

Back