HOW DO YOU WEAR YOUR HAIR WHEN YOU GO TO THE CLUB/DANCING?

MissFallon

I wanna go out to the club but haven't been out since I've been on this hair care journey. How do you ladies wear your hair when you go out to clubs/bars or when you go dancing?

I alwaays wear it down and wavy, and later on after heavy dancing and sweating I just tuck it behind ears.

sylver2 said:
I alwaays wear it down and wavy, and later on after heavy dancing and sweating I just tuck it behind ears.

How do u keep it from poofing up and getting frizzy? I used the sunsilk anti-esponja but it didnt seem to do anything. What other products are good for this? Should I flat iron? I have only used heat 2x since Dec. I rollerset my hair yesterday but it still got poofy in the rain.

i was gonna do a donut bun and wear big earrings. Do u think that is too boring? I'm still embarrassed about my hair length so im not sure if I can wear it down. I have only done it twice since January and once was with clip in extensions.

I'm toooo old for clubbing now:look:
But I would think a nice bun with hair accessories or a rollerset in a nice updo or pin up. Good luck!!!!

MissFallon said:
How do u keep it from poofing up and getting frizzy? I used the sunsilk anti-esponja but it didnt seem to do anything. What other products are good for this? Should I flat iron? I have only used heat 2x since Dec. I rollerset my hair yesterday but it still got poofy in the rain.

My hair doesn't poof up or frizz up much anymore since I started using a lot of leave ins.
On wet I use the rusk smoother then lacio lacio, then when its dry I use the ntm silk touch and put in a couple of bantu knots, then put ntm serum.

sylver2 said:
My hair doesn't poof up or frizz up much anymore since I started using a lot of leave ins.
On wet I use the rusk smoother then lacio lacio, then when its dry I use the ntm silk touch and put in a couple of bantu knots, then put ntm serum.

do u flat iron tho? Cuz I rollerset and and airdry and my hair generally is a little poofy when airdrying, or not fully drying under the dryer. I think I will try flat ironing and using my leave in and then the the sunsilk and then my oil mix. My hair doesnt frizz or poof when I use oil on it.

MissFallon said:
do u flat iron tho? Cuz I rollerset and and airdry and my hair generally is a little poofy when airdrying, or not fully drying under the dryer. I think I will try flat ironing and using my leave in and then the the sunsilk and then my oil mix. My hair doesnt frizz or poof when I use oil on it.

yes I flat iron:-)

I don't really go to night clubs (boring, married mommy here :lol:) but when Dh and I go out dancing or to check out a band I usually wear my hair down in big waves.

Sometimes I wear a bun, though and just dress it up with some hair accessories and a really pretty pair of earrings.

A low cut top and choker necklace look great with a bun or a french twist.;) With certain outfits, the hair down and all over the place just doesn't quite do it for me. Dramatic smoky eye make up and pulled back hair looks awesome too.

Last edited:
wadadligyal said:
I'm toooo old for clubbing now:look:
But I would think a nice bun with hair accessories or a rollerset in a nice updo or pin up. Good luck!!!!
HOW OLD IS TOOOO OLD FOR CLUBBING???:lachen:

sylver2 said:
and please don't say thirty-something.:lol:...please don't:look:

That's what I was thinking too..LOL!

But to answer the question....lately I have been rocking a sleek bun with lots of serum for a mega-watt shine! I wash/condition my hair, slap it in a bun and let the gleam begin! When I wear it up, I like to put on an extra glossy lips, wear big earrings and a great necklace since my shoulders are exposed that much more! I think wearing your hair up can be just as dramatic as down if you do it right! ;)

Last edited:
I think a donut bun to the side, or in the back not too low would be really cute....with some big hoop earrings of some long dangly ones. The rage in bmore is these brass like earrings that come in circle and heart shapes, with dents in them. Hard to explain correctly.

I wear my hair in a side bun with big earrings and pretty makeup. I hope that wouldn't be boring... that's my club style!! I don't wear it down because I dance a lot, it's crowded, and there's really no point in trying to fight the frizz.

View attachment 2261How about this? I figure i'll rock the curly ponytail maybe the bun but i doubt it. Im wearing this outfit too (im gonna make sure there isn't this much cleavage tho)

Attachments

• club outfit 003.jpg
    club outfit 003.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 59
  • club outfit 015.jpg
    club outfit 015.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
bajanplums1 said:
what about a braid out from big braids so you get a large loose wave?

I would but I'm still alittle embarassed to wear my hair out. I'm not wearing it out until I get to full bsl cuz its too short now (IMO)

If I'm not wearing a weave at the time, I wrap my hair and wear a wig. I hate that it gets all frizzy/puffy and smoke smelling if I leave it out. If I keep it wrapped under the wig it stays straight.

Wash & go or wig. If I go salsa dancing then I wear an updo w/ a pretty flower since it matches the mood I'm in when I'm there, of course this was back when I had enough hair for an updo lol

bmoreflyygirl said:
If I'm not wearing a weave at the time, I wrap my hair and wear a wig. I hate that it gets all frizzy/puffy and smoke smelling if I leave it out. If I keep it wrapped under the wig it stays straight.

My friend does this. :yep: It really looks good and it's cool that she has an entirely new look for the club.

MissFallon said:
i was gonna do a donut bun and wear big earrings. Do u think that is too boring? I'm still embarrassed about my hair length so im not sure if I can wear it down. I have only done it twice since January and once was with clip in extensions.

IMO thick shoulder length hair looks better than thin BSL hair any day. So if u curled it up it would be shorter but it would look nice and full and that would be cute. Its not always just about length... a nice looking shiny, thick head of healthy hair always turns heads even if its not down ur back. Or u could always rock a wig or a fall, then u dont have to worry about frizz. I used to wear braidouts (before my hair broke off and then cut it a lot and started transitioning) a lot to the club and got compliments bc it looks "exotic" to a lot of ppl plus if it got poofy it looks like it was supposed to be that way...:lol:

Leslie_C said:
IMO thick shoulder length hair looks better than thin BSL hair any day. So if u curled it up it would be shorter but it would look nice and full and that would be cute. Its not always just about length... a nice looking shiny, thick head of healthy hair always turns heads even if its not down ur back. Or u could always rock a wig or a fall, then u dont have to worry about frizz. I used to wear braidouts (before my hair broke off and then cut it a lot and started transitioning) a lot to the club and got compliments bc it looks "exotic" to a lot of ppl plus if it got poofy it looks like it was supposed to be that way...:lol:

Ok that made me feel even worst about my hair now....thanx....i might as well cut it all off now since it is so thin IYO. Forget this ish...i guess ill never be able to wear my hair down because its so thin and horrid, and I look like crap with short hair no thank u.

Last edited:
MissFallon said:
Ok that made me feel even worst about my hair now....thanx....i might as well cut it all off now since it is so thin IYO. Forget this ish...i guess ill never be able to wear my hair down because its so thin and horrid, and I look like crap with short hair no thank u.

I am pretty sure you are being too hard on yourself, girl!!!

1st of all, your hair is not the only thing you got goin' on. You have to put some of this energy into what you are going to wear and how you are going to do your makeup! :)

If you feel like it is too thin, loosely wear it up is a kind of "bed head" updo. Sometimes, loose updos can give you more fullness and protect your ends at the same time.

Life is too short to let it get to you like that. Yesterday was my b-day and tonight I am going out to shake my arse and I will be too cute to worry about the small things. And I WISH that I had your length to work with.

You betta' go head on and love what you got!

Last edited:
Leslie_C said:
...Its not always just about length... a nice looking shiny, thick head of healthy hair always turns heads even if its not down ur back

I agree.

I used to think I was not as pretty or attractive w/o a long weave or braids.

Because my hair is short and even more so since I wear it up EVERYDAY (even for going out), I still get so surprised when I still get so much attention or when people give me compliments on my hair.

I had no problem with my hair and its volume or lack of until the person posted a comment about my hair being thin.

MissFallon said:
I had no problem with my hair and its volume or lack of until the person posted a comment about my hair being thin.

I personally don't think your hair looks thin.

People do tend to forget sometimes that each of us has a unique head of hair. What can look thin to someone may not to the other.

And if your hair is thin, then I guess my hair is just STARVING!:lol:

Really don't sweat it, I think its cute.

When I go clubbing I do tend to just stick a wig on mainly because I like to dance, and if I dance I'm gonna sweat. If I sweat, then bye bye nice hairdo that took 2 hours. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to be a little different than normal (My SO loves the fact he can go out with a different woman and not get in trouble;):lachen: )

However, if you're conscious about your ends like I am, then an updo that protects them with some pretty hair sticks or maybe a flower comb or whatnot would be ideal.

But don't feel selfconsious about your hair, I think it looks nice and healthy.

However, can I borrow some chest from you? I have a shirt that needs to be filled out:D

-A

Back