HOW DO YOU WASH OUT YOUR RELAXER?

Tickin4Gold

I self relax, and my hair always gets tangled when I wash it out over the kitchen sink.
I read somewhere someone said they washed it in the shower. My question is, WHAT??!! and HOW??!!

I admit it would be better for my hair for me to wash it in the shower, but what about the rest of me...?

Dish up, how and where do you wash out your relaxer? :confused:

I just do! :lol: You of course have to be a bit more careful not to get the relaxer in your eyes, but if you can shampoo and condition in the shower, you can certainly rinse your relaxer out in the shower!

I wasn't quite thinking about my eyes, I was thinking of places below the navel. Ouch!

Caramela said:
I just do! :lol: You of course have to be a bit more careful not to get the relaxer in your eyes, but if you can shampoo and condition in the shower, you can certainly rinse your relaxer out in the shower!

I lean over the side of the bath tub. The force of the water from the faucet helps to remove the relaxer better and faster. Especially when I base my scalp with vaseline.

I wash it out in the shower too. Lean your head back or fowards and go for it. If my hair feels hard I rinse the relaxer out put conditioner to soften it and then I put my neutralizing shampoo.

I was just thinking about posting an inquiry into this. I just self-relaxed last week, and as I was getting ready to rinse in the shower, my husband came in and was like what about your private areas:eek: I ran, found a bathing suit, put it on, and hopped in the shower. I felt safer with the bathing suit on as a bit of a barrier. The relaxer did not irritate the rest of my skin, but you have to be careful. Funny as it is, next time I will relax in my bathing suit, or maybe even find one of those disposable rain ponchos. As for my face, I kept my head leaned back and off of my face.

When Im rinsing out my relaxer I always do my initial rinse over the kitchen sink..then I neutralize once. Then I get in the shower and neutralize 2-3 more times and use a moisturizing shampoo once.

CAPlush said:
I was just thinking about posting an inquiry into this. I just self-relaxed last week, and as I was getting ready to rinse in the shower, my husband came in and was like what about your private areas:eek: I ran, found a bathing suit, put it on, and hopped in the shower. I felt safer with the bathing suit on as a bit of a barrier. The relaxer did not irritate the rest of my skin, but you have to be careful. Funny as it is, next time I will relax in my bathing suit, or maybe even find one of those disposable rain ponchos. As for my face, I kept my head leaned back and off of my face.
I will try that bathing suit thing next time, only I will just do the swim suit bottom. I have always thought it would be easier to wash it out in the shower but I was SCARED.

Thanks for the idea CAPlush!

Scared no longer, but cautious.

Zaza said:
I self relax, and my hair always gets tangled when I wash it out over the kitchen sink.
I read somewhere someone said they washed it in the shower. My question is, WHAT??!! and HOW??!!

I admit it would be better for my hair for me to wash it in the shower, but what about the rest of me...?

Dish up, how and where do you wash out your relaxer? :confused:

I wash it out in the shower. Straight back, smooth as silk and ZERO tangles. It doesn't bother my skin or eyes (keep em closed) at all. It's really easy and simple.

CAPlush said:
Although I get relaxer touch-ups at the salon only, your idea is a great one for self relaxers.

I also use the detachable shower head,lean over the tub, and rinse away. I use this method so I can do all of the washing first and then put conditioner on, leave for a while, and then get in the shower to rinse the conditioner and wash me.

I have ALWAYS washed my relaxer out in the shower. And, I have never really paid any sort of close attention to my genital area. Never have I had an issue.

But I have always washed my hair in the shower as well and thought this was how everyone did it until a GF was shocked that I washed and rinsed relaxer out in the shower. I seriously thought the only time people washed there hair over the sink was when they were at the salon getting there hair done.

I usually rinse my hair in the sink and sometimes while leaning over the bathtub. (The area between the toilet and bathtub is very small so this isn't comfortable) I don't think I could rinse my relaxer in the shower because my tub gets so slick.

Babygurl said:
When Im rinsing out my relaxer I always do my initial rinse over the kitchen sink..then I neutralize once. Then I get in the shower and neutralize 2-3 more times and use a moisturizing shampoo once.

Now this sounds a whole lot better. To jump directly in the shower, i just don't know about that one! I've tried alot of thing on LHCF but....

Back