How Do You Moisturize Twist Without Getting Them Fuzzy and Old-Lookin'

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
Yeah, how do you moisturize your twist without making them look matted and frizzy?

I just use a water based spray moisturizer. While they are still wet to the touch, I do not manipulate them. Manipulating them while wet is what causes the frizz so don't do it. :)

Using the product you desire, I recommend manipulating each twist and twisting it like it's a dreadlock from root to tip. This helps to smooth the twist and eliminate fuzz while moisturizing. Don't forget to tie it all down with a scarf to help everything lay and set.

I just use a water based spray moisturizer. While they are still wet to the touch, I do not manipulate them. Manipulating them while wet is what causes the frizz so don't do it. :)

YUP! I am ok with my frizz, but what she just said, keeps it at bay. I have also started braiding my root ( like many do ) and twist the length. Not only are they lasting much longer, they still look great through my weekly wash/dc sessions. Plus it has made me not so bored with my hair. HTH :D

[USER=86855 said:
westNDNbeauty[/USER];12645031]Using the product you desire, I recommend manipulating each twist and twisting it like it's a dreadlock from root to tip. This helps to smooth the twist and eliminate fuzz while moisturizing. Don't forget to tie it all down with a scarf to help everything lay and set.

Thanks for this. I am going to try this when my hair gets a bit longer. Right now I have too many twist to do all of them. As soon as anything hits my hair it frizzes.

Do you apply a moisturizer and then seal or are you just applying the moisturizer?

Do you apply a moisturizer and then seal or are you just applying the moisturizer?

I will co wash my twists with the stocking cap method and watered down conditioner. Rinse, add my leave-in and smooth it down the shaft. I then add my butter to seal smoothing the product down as well. This seems to keep my frizz little to none. Hth

I will co wash my twists with the stocking cap method and watered down conditioner. Rinse, add my leave-in and smooth it down the shaft. I then add my butter to seal smoothing the product down as well. This seems to keep my frizz little to none. Hth

Thanks. I have tried that. I am envious of those it works for :yep:

Thanks for this. I am going to try this when my hair gets a bit longer. Right now I have too many twist to do all of them. As soon as anything hits my hair it frizzes.

Depends on the products you use -- I know certain moisturizer sealing combos work well to smooth my cuticle. I also have a moisturizer that works well by itself to smooth. Just preference.

Back