How do you maintain two textures!

Miosy

I just realized that for the last 8 months I have been texturizing. I have half of my hair texturized and the other half bone straight. I'm terrified to go bone straight because my hair never progressed when it was bone straight. So, now I am 11 weeks post and I have all this crazy hair and I am debating if I should relax 95% instead of my usual 70%. Maybe I'll just cut off all the straight hair..i dunno
think.gif

Huh, the things we do for hair
smirk.gif

Miosy, after I made the switch from no-lye to lye, my hair never processed fully anymore. I struggled for months with underprocessing and two textures. I've accepted it now and actually like my hair better with the waves instead of bone straight. I've pretty much grown out most of my bone straight hair now.

Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. And when your done, Moisturize some more!!

I went 2 years without a relaxer and didn't trim off the relaxed length. The only thing that saved me was conditioning my hair really well, taking extra care when combing, and only combing when damp/wet either from water or a moisturizer or oil.

Tebby

PS - MOISTURIZE!!

Tebby

When I was growing out my relaxer to go natural, I had to deal with bone straight relaxed hair and very thick and coarse 4a hair. I primarily wore wet sets and wore my hair pinned up in some fashion. Otherwise it was impossible. After six months I cut the relaxed hair off, and I've been natural ever since.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Miosy, after I made the switch from no-lye to lye, my hair never processed fully anymore. I struggled for months with underprocessing and two textures. I've accepted it now and actually like my hair better with the waves instead of bone straight. I've pretty much grown out most of my bone straight hair now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Once I went on thyroid meds, my hair stopped taking the relaxer as well as it used to. My last relaxer came out very underprocessed (poor technique by the stylist, mainly), but I've become a pro at dealing with it. A leave-in is a must, and less stress on the tresses is the bestest (
laugh.gif
). If I airdry, I try to run a fine tooth comb through it in the process to straighten out some of the curls.

Karonica, so the secret to getting a straight airdry is to comb through with a fine-toothed comb huh? I love the way my airdried hair looks thick, but my roots are ALWAYS wavy. I need to go back and re-read some air drying threads. Thanks
grin.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone. I do notice that when I pass beyond 2 to 3 days w/o washing the texturized hair gets thirsty for more and more moisture. Moisture is the key for maintaining the two textures. Thanks everyone!

[ QUOTE ]
Tebby1017 said:
Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. And when your done, Moisturize some more!!

I went 2 years without a relaxer and didn't trim off the relaxed length. The only thing that saved me was conditioning my hair really well, taking extra care when combing, and only combing when damp/wet either from water or a moisturizer or oil.

Tebby

PS - MOISTURIZE!!

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

Tebby, great advice. This is all I have been doing also for the last 8 months and you did it for 2 years so I guess it's working
smile.gif
I haven't had any breakage from the two textures even if I don't relax for extended periods.

Back