How Do You Feel About Calling Your DH/SO "Daddy?"

jdvzmommy

I searched and didn't see this asked, so if there's an already existing thread about this, I apologize.

The title pretty much explains my question. I was listening to Wetter by Twista and I was just getting annoyed, even though I've heard the song plenty of times before. "I'm calling you daddy. Can you be my daddy?" :lol:

Anyway, how do you feel about calling your DH, FH, SO, GF, or whoever Daddy? In my relationship, I find it weird because I already have a daddy and my SO is somebody's daddy. :look: :lol:

^^^I'm not a big fan of that but for some reason I find saying "big daddy" appealing:look: IDK why :lol:.

It creeps me out :nono: Whenever that Twista song comes on, I rush to turn it off before it gets to the part where that nasty a** girl calls him Daddy. :nono:

I'm torn...I dunno. I never did before but it depends. Some guys do have that big ole teddybear protective vibe to them and that word would come to mind.

I've said it when I'm being playful/seductive.

I guess since I haven't had much of a relationship with my father, and I never called him daddy, the word doesn't have the same meaning for me. I totally understand why it would creep some folks out, though. :lol:

My mom calls my daddy, "daddy" it kind of replaced his real name after they had me, but only when she is talking to me. She would say things like "daddy and I are going to the store" or "daddy and I were wondering where you are?" Or "tell daddy this" I could see myself doing that if I get married and have one child. My husband's name will sometimes be replaced by daddy when talking to the child.

My mom calls my daddy, "daddy" it kind of replaced his real name after they had me, but only when she is talking to me. She would say things like "daddy and I are going to the store" or "daddy and I were wondering where you are?" Or "tell daddy this" I could see myself doing that if I get married and have one child. My husband's name will sometimes be replaced by daddy when talking to the child.

My mother does the as well. When I was younger I started calling my daddy by his first name, so she called him "daddy" to help me out. She does it now out of habit.

My mother does the as well. When I was younger I started calling my daddy by his first name, so she called him "daddy" to help me out. She does it now out of habit.

Yes! That's why my mom did it as well. She didn't want me to be confused and call my daddy by his first name and the habit stuck.

I do this, too, when I'm talking to my daughter.

But in the OP, I meant calling him Daddy in a sexualized manner.

I refuse.

Not only is it gross to me, why? Dude isn't my father. I have one and he ain't it.

In songs where they keep saying daddy i just sing baby

NOOO!!! That's disgusting! And I will turn the radio station with the quickness if one of those 'daddy' songs come on: Usher's "Daddy's Home" :barf: , Twista's "Wetter" (some of the lyrics are 'I need a daddy, can you be my daddy, I need a daddy') double :barf: , etc :nono: I just can't do it. I have a daddy, thank you lol.

^^^ :lol: Y'all are funny. But I understand...When my own dad comes to mind, considering calling my SO daddy does not feel so sexy.

My parents referred to each other as mommy and daddy when they were around us or talking to us.

I call SO big daddy sometimes...there's a "big" difference. :lol:

Insert new phone siggy >>> here<<<

Back