How do you apply your oils?

Please excuse me if you think this is a dumb question, lol, but i was just curious....Do you part your hair out in sections one by one and apply your oil? Or do you just pour some oil in your hand and gather your hair all in one to smooth it all over? which way do u think is better?

I do it section by section after washing... then I make small parts in my hair and put some directly onto my new growth.

On other days I put a little on the ends of the sections that I'm going to rollerset or twist.

I think doing it in sections is better... each section gets some of the oil or other product, I would guess that if you goop it on all at once it would be harder to distribute all through your hair.

<font color="purple">Ditto on that one. If I'm doing braids, I apply the oil on each section before braiding. Then I'd seal the ends with the oil for moisture and to prevent split ends and dryness. After I do a shampoo and condition or CO wash, I take a little spray bottle of my oil mix and oil my scalp and new growth. My hair can get the best of both worlds, and still feels well moisturized. Toodles </font>

[ QUOTE ]
2793154 said:
Please excuse me if you think this is a dumb question, lol, but i was just curious....Do you part your hair out in sections one by one and apply your oil? Or do you just pour some oil in your hand and gather your hair all in one to smooth it all over? which way do u think is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually put my mixture of oils on my ends daily. I sometimes put them on my scalp depending on how manageable my roots are about once/twice a week, especially to my nape area since Im trying to grow my nape area hair out.
I have poured oil in my hand and rubbed it all over my hair but I hardly do that because if I put too much, my hair will look oily and I dont want oil on my face if my hair hits my face.
wink.gif

Do you still put oil on your hair and scalp after you've put a leave-in on? This part always confused me b/c I don't want product overload.

[ QUOTE ]
19sweetie said:
Do you still put oil on your hair and scalp after you've put a leave-in on? This part always confused me b/c I don't want product overload.

[/ QUOTE ]

When my hair is wet, I sometimes pour oils on my scalp after putting in the leave-in. I don't experience any product overload because I guess my hair and/or scalp absorbs the oils. My oils are in an applicator bottle.
When my hair is dry, I sometimes just pour the oils in my hand, rub them together and smooth on my hair. But I have poured oils on my scalp when my hair was dry and thats when it feels like product overload. I usually do this when I want to massage my scalp.
I always oil my ends whether my hair is wet or dry.
I hope this is more clear.
wink.gif

After I wash my hair, I put some oil in my hands and just rub it through my hair, but if my scalp is dry and irritated I apply some oil to my scalp with the applicator on the oil bottle and massage the oil into my scalp. I also do this when I have braids or a sew in.

i do it section by section if dry, but after washing i just pour oil on my hands and smooth it from 2" above all the way down to my ends.

Back