How do I make 2-strand twists stay without using

GodMadeMePretty

rubber bands at the roots? I want to put twists in my daughter's hair using only her hair, but I don't want to deal with the rubber bands at the roots. I have this odd feeling that if left in too long that a whole twist will fall out. And I want to leave the style in for at least 2-3 weeks with 1-2 times per week shampoo/conditioner wash.

Can somebody please help?

TIA!

I don't know anyone personally with natural hair who just twists their own hair for longer than 2 weeks & that person washes when they take them out on the second week.

HTH

I used to do that when I was natural- Start plaiting the section at the root and then twist the rest- does that make sense....

Thanks. I can't redo these more than once every 2-3 weeks, but I'll need to wash it before then because she will get so much sand in her hair that her hair turns a different color. I guess I'll just try to do individual braids or flat-twist.

Yes, chanou, that makes perfect sense. I actually thought about that but I'm so style challenged that I needed confirmation. Thank you for my confirmation!!
smile.gif

Back