How do I get my hair like this?

Wildkat08

49df5f81.jpg

Hey Ladies:

I absolutely LOVE Evas weave waves!!! I was wondering how I could get my hair like this. I'm 3B natural. Someone has suggested bantu knots, but everyones I've seen have turned out more curly than wavy. Then I thought about a deep wave iron and just running my fingers through the finished look so it doesn't look so "perfect". What do u ladies suggest?

Hey Ladies:

I absolutely LOVE Evas weave waves!!! I was wondering how I could get my hair like this. I'm 3B natural. Someone has suggested bantu knots, but everyones I've seen have turned out more curly than wavy. Then I thought about a deep wave iron and just running my fingers through the finished look so it doesn't look so "perfect". What do u ladies suggest?

yeah a waver will work. and then just run your fingers thru or put in a bun for a lil while to stretch the curl out a bit...does that make sense?
i think i have pix of my hair kinda like that on my blog.

You could either use a curling iron as you've suggested or you could use flexirods but you'd have to wind the hair in a different way so you don't get ringlets. I've done it before and I've got nice waves. It takes ages to do though. :ohwell:

You could perhaps try twist outs too, but you'd probably have to do big twists in order to get big waves as opposed to curls.

I've never tried this look on natural hair, but I wore braid-outs all the time when I was relaxed. I would get this look by doing one or two french braids, putting a roller on the end and taking it out in the morning. That always gave me waves instead of tight curls.

You could also probably get this look by doing very large twists and putting rollers at the end (well, since you're natural you may not need the rollers).

OT: I think Eva looks better with short hair. That weave does not fit her at all.

I second flexirods. Can't wait to see the end result.

You can buy some extensions-plus curly weave and your hair will look just like this. That is a busted weave by the way. I can see where her hair begins. The easiest way to get uniform curls like that is with a curling iron though. Just let it be your fancy schmancy look you do every now and then so you don't damage your hair with heat. you could also try curlformers.

yeah a waver will work. and then just run your fingers thru or put in a bun for a lil while to stretch the curl out a bit...does that make sense?
i think i have pix of my hair kinda like that on my blog.

Whimsy:

I went to your blog,and I think the look u achieved with your deep waver very closely resembles the look I want :grin:! Gotta run to get that waver! Thanks!

Back