how do I combat humidity?

bellezanegra826

Hey ladies,

I have kept my hair up for a month without taking it down. I have a serious case of hand in hair disease so that next time I go to the salon, I think I will get a doobie. The only problem is that my bus stop is in a really humid location so when I take my hair down, it ends up being very fuzzy with humidity. I have type 4a/b just below shoulder length hair. Do any of you ladies know of a good product that I can apply to my hair to make it weatherproof? Spritz, serum etc. Currently I have an updo that has my hair out a bit and I have been using spritz. I think that is a fast track to hair damage, but spritz is the only thing that I know of to combat humidity. Someone please help me as I would love to grow my hair to at least arm pit length. TIA!

I'm looking for something to combat humidity as well. It is killing me!! I use serums and they don't do a doggone thing for humidity. I think anti-humectants are supposed to be for this but I have never tried one and don't know any specific product recs. Anyone else?

Aveda makes an anti-humectant pomade, but i have yet to try it on my hair. Or maybe you should try a heavier serum?

ichephren said:
Aveda makes an anti-humectant pomade, but i have yet to try it on my hair. Or maybe you should try a heavier serum?

I have tried it. It worked well for me,but that was like 2+ yrs ago. I love the humidity now! It does wonders for me. But then again, I am a natural, and I don't mind the frizz,nap, and shrinkage most of the time.

I went to get a doobie from my salon this weekend and I've noticed that the humidity gets to my hair in the morning as well (between getting in my car and walking to school). It only happens in the early morning hours (between 7-8). My ends slightly frizz out and that freaks me out, so I clip my hair up immediately. This anti-humectant pomade sounds like a good idea if used lightly, paying close attention to the ends.

I am in NC and have the same problem. I have worn my hair up all summer because of this. My only advice is to wait until Fall when the humidity calms down. Frizz serums did not help any for me. Hair spray helps some but results in dry ends. I am just going to hold out for the seasons that are more hair friendly for me.

I'm in NC also and I've had braids all summer up until 2 weeks ago. I was hoping the humidity would have eased up by the time I took them out. Also, I have Sedal anti sponge and I tested it out this past weekend AND . . . Just call me Sponge Bob frizz head, lol! It took a little longer than normal to frizz but it still frizzed up on me. I was so disappointed.

karezone said:
I am also going to invest in some Sedal's antispongifying conditioner or treatment

Carolina here too ladies and the humigity is no joke! I can roll my hair all pretty and in less than five minutes out the door my style is gone! CW and Bunned most of the summer. You should have seen my hair at the NC LHCK meeting. Imagine this and hair that seems to grow out instead of down.

Anyhow, I did try a product this weekend that I got from our meeting from one of the ladies ( I think it was Keen, she was cleaning out some of her products- had a whole bag full! :lol: ) Anyhow, I tried Sleek.look. Styling Creme by Matrix. It is supposed to be part of their Smoothing System. I only had the creme but I am contemplating getting the Waterfree Lockdown Spray which is step four in the system. It is a professional product. Our Super Wal-mart which has a salon in it, is currently selling it buy one and get the second one half off, so I will be purchasing this. Dontspeakdefeat, also stated in a post that this was a good product to use with a flat iron also (especially new growth. She lives in or around Hotlanta so she knows what we are dealing with NC ladies and others!

I have to say that it does have petroleum in it but if you put it on the hair more specifically the ends I don't see the problem. Many women still put Vaseline on the ends. I for one do and it does my hair wonders and helps with frizz. This product (the styling creme) is a keeper for me.:)

I found something for this. I used Garnier Fructis Smoothing 3 min masque on my hair and it is still smooth. I stood at the bus stop the other day in the mist and humidity, and it is still smooth. This stuff is a miracle. I did not use the entire line, just the 3 min stuff.

I use to have a problem with humidity, but not anymore.
I can go out and hair is still smooth. I think its because I use a lot of products. I use John Frieda Friizz ease, then rusk leave in and lacio lacio, then dry it. Then I use NTM sill touch leave in, jojoba oil and NTM serum. I have no problems with humidity anymore.

nikki1971 said:
What type of product is this? Where do you purchase it?

I get it from a salon where my Mom works, but you can purchase it here:
http://www.sabinohair.com/

The product title is a bit deceiving b/c you'd think that it only blocks moisture, but it adds moisture and shine while keeping humidity at bay. I use this daily on my hair because it detangles and adds shine. It's possibly the best product I've ever used....

bottles.gif

Last edited:
lala said:
I get it from a salon where my Mom works, but you can purchase it here:
http://www.sabinohair.com/

The product title is a bit deceiving b/c you'd think that it only blocks moisture, but it adds moisture and shine while keeping humidity at bay. I use this daily on my hair because it detangles and adds shine. It's possibly the best product I've ever used....

bottles.gif

Thank you for the info.

Back