How did you learn how to braid your hair?

tryn2growmyhair

I would really like to start braiding my own hair -- especially cornrows with no-knots. I want to give my hair a rest and always have it looking fresh and still look professional.Thanks in advance for your advice.

You can do it with a lil practice after watching someone else. I learned from my older sister who has been braiding professionally since 5th grade. I started some individuals July 1st and never finished:confused: :lol: ! I'm lazy!

I can do box braids and cornrows but i cant do cornrows on my own hair. I have ordered a dvd to show me the diff styles. So im hoping to learn from that.

uzz

My mother taught me how to do my own braids. I can't do cornrows though, that just seems a bit too complicated to do by yourself, especially the back. Everytime I put braids in my hair everyone thinks a professional did them. I have gotten quite good over the years doing my own hair and they are soooo maintenance free.

pm for password

oglorious1 said:
Braids by Breslin DVD BABY!!! YEP

Yeah the DVD rec is great and all but I IS BROKE! Just like the young lady who started this thread I want to know how to do it. Give me some websites, how to's, instructions, smoke signals, sign language, pigeions, something I can use....LOL

Okay I'm really tryin not to pay this lady $70.00 dollars to do my cornrows. I'm in a cheap a$$ mood!

Hep a broke sista out. Ohh and how much does the DVD cost by the way? Maybe I can get one of these no good menses to pay for it!!

Back