How can I avoid underprocessed hair?

Karonica

I tried transitioning, but I think I'm at the end of this, or very close. I have a hair appointment on the 4th of October, and I am still deciding whether to just get a touch-up, or get my roots dyed instead. I am leaning on getting a perm though.

Anyways, my question is, what ways can I avoid my hair turning out underprocessed? I'm not going to perm it myself, but if there are other measures I can take, I'll gladly do so.

Thanks!
bdance.gif

make sure they base well so that it doesn't get on your scalp leading to burning and early rinsing. Also don't put castor oil on your newgrowth I've been learning the hardway that this is what has been leading to my underprocessing.

Now that I think about it...a strand test is a really good idea. Especially for us self-relaxers. This would have saved me alot of trouble, either the strength or relaxer was too mild for my hair or the time wasn't long enough. This would have saved me from serious underprocessing if I would have done a week prior to getting my hair done. Remember stylist are "guessing" too.

If possible see if you can have this done prior to getting your hair done.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
make sure they base well so that it doesn't get on your scalp leading to burning and early rinsing. Also don't put castor oil on your newgrowth I've been learning the hardway that this is what has been leading to my underprocessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

*banging head upside computer*

That's what I use on my hair and scalp too. I shoulda known that it could've been causing it!
whyme.gif

Back