HOLY EXCESSIVE SHEDDING! HELP! HELP! HELP!

DarkAngell

Omg...im so upset tonight. i usually have minimal shedding and not much breakage when i wash.

Tonight I lost soo much hair! ALOT of it was shed. i know this because i went through it all on the comb and i saw the roots. And after i got out of the shower if i even touched my hair all i was hearing was "snap....snap....SNAP"

WHY?!?! I didnt use anything different then i normally do.I prepood w/ jojoba oil which has always done nicely on my hair and also helps with the detangling. i washed with nexxus aloe rid for my once month clarifying wash ( which ive used before with no problem ) and conditioned with nexxus humectrus. When i got out i put ORS olive oil moisturizing lotion on which ive done for a while.

I just made 5 months in my transition...does this have to do with it?

I know my conditioner really doesnt give enough slip but its never THIS bad.....

Words of wisdom.. pleeeeease :cry2:

Sistaslick wrote an excellant article and it is right on point!

Don't forget to look at potential internal issues...not enough water, poor/changed diet, anemia etc.

If it were breakage I would say it could be due to transitioning...but its not, its shedding, so probably not.

Curious...does that oil have protein in it?

Good luck!

Is it possible that you changed your diet about 3 months ago? It takes that long for the body to react to some dietary changes. I went on Atkins (low carb) and lost weight really well, but 3 months later, my hair started falling out.

Whatever the reason, bioton is supposed to be really helpful nutrionally for hair loss.

Back