Hi to all, I am a Newbie!

WhipEffectz1

My name is Kisha and I am from Louisiana. I've been growing my 4b? hair out for about a year when I found this website. The state of my hair at the staus quo is DRY and SHEDDING. I decided to grow my hair because I've worn weave since high school and I am quite tired of it. So over the past year, I've tried to take care of my hair by wearing cornrows with instant weave over it. As a result of that, I've come froma Halle Berry hairstyle to an ear length bob and middle of the neck hair in the back. I also take a numerous vitamins and protein shakes whcih I contribute to some of the growth.

I am totally into stretching my relaxer out as a result of reading some of these posts. Right now, I am 8 weeks post relaxer with microbraids, which I am about to take out. I want to go 12 weeks and then get a touchup. Because I am about to take my braids out, I went to get some aphogeee keratin reconctructor. Is this good? Also, because my hair is dry, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance for the advice!

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say welcome to the board /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Hi and welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif
What would help is if you told us what you use right now and how often.

Ok!
Shampoo is Infusium
Conditioner is Infusium
Sometimes you deep condition with ORS mayo
What do you moisturize with daily? The Olive oil? Try adding ORS carrot oil or Profectiv mega growth. What else ? Hmmm? I personally use world of curls activator gel daily(since I wear my hair up 99% of the time) and sometimes I add ORS carrot oil to that.
I don't think you're getting enough moisture /images/graemlins/frown.gif
What do you use as a leave in?

Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif Sounds like you're on the right track already. Just stick with these ladies and in no time you will achieve your goals. Happy posting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wouldnt recommend the Aphogee.. I think you may want to try something milder.. because from what I understand, Aphogee is the bad boy of all heavy duty protein treatments and hardens on the hair. I'm thinking something along the lines of Nexxus Emergencee, but if you're not into paying the $13 for the small bottle, I say stick to the ORS Hair Mayo. I've never tried the Aphogee so I really cant talk.. but from what I've read.. I just couldnt do it.

Being that your hair is dry, I think you should deep condition w/ the ORS Mayo when you take your braids out. On the flip side, I agree with Faith. I don't think you're getting enough moisture either. I use ORS Carrot Oil to moisturize my hair as well and since you already like one ORS product.. you might like that one too.

What Infusium conditioner do you use? Is it moisturizing?

What do you moisturize with daily?

***Nothing, but olive oil and thats on occasion.

What Infusium conditioner do you use? Is it moisturizing?

***I use the Infusium Revitalizing Conditioner for Color Treated/Permed Hair

Thanks for the replies. Yes, my hair is dry and I have no type of regimen whatsoever. With that said, I am somwhat clueless about the daily moisturizing, ect.

I would recommend you get a leave in...Neutrogena Triple Moisture silk touch leave in or Always 911 or Elasta QP recovery or ATONE with nature leave in...there're many more the others will suggest.
As a daily moisturizer I would recommend the ORS carrot oil or profectiv mega growth and Wild growth oil.

If you're wearing your hair up then you can spray in scurl spray or apply world of curls activator gel.

I also say ditch the infusium products I found they left my 4a/b hair dry...but that's up to you /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm just not crazy about that line at all.

Hope this helps a little bit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
WhipEffectz1 said:
Thanks for the reply. What type of shampoo concitioner would you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend Nexxus Botanoil or Therappe Shampoo and Nexxus Humectress Conditioner. Or Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner. You can get samples of all of these products by emailing the companies.

64.gif

I think the other ladies have given you great advice. I don't have any.

Welcome, WhipEffectz1 /images/graemlins/wave.gif! I love Aphogee, but I would not do one while my hair was so dry. Once you have the moisture under control, I wouldn't see a problem with doing an Aphogee. I think the other ladies has given great advice on how to restore your hair's moisture /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Welcome
I agree with the ladies Aphogee is very hard on the hair it is a good protein cond but if your hair is dry stay away from it. I've had to stop using it myself b/c I used it too often and it was too drying. I'll just use it once in a while now. hth /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
WhipEffectz1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]I would also recommend Keracare humecto (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS conditioner) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily deep conditioner. I have no shampoo favs so go with what candibaby suggested. Unless you want to try a natural one like Aubrey Organics white camellia and jasmine or Jasons biotin shampoo... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
WhipEffectz1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]I would also recommend Keracare humecto (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS conditioner) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily deep conditioner. I have no shampoo favs so go with what candibaby suggested. Unless you want to try a natural one like Aubrey Organics white camellia and jasmine or Jasons biotin shampoo... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back