*Hi ladies of LHCF, Just a little request*

OsnapCnapp!

Hello ladies of LHCF!! Wooh, it feels good to be in here after all the horrible natural hair sites I have been to! I see relaxers and naturals can thrive harmoniously here and Im loving that!!!

Ok, so here it is. I just got accepted into Nursing School (yay) and Im getting a protective style so I won't have to worry with my hair for a little bit. I have 4b thick coarse kinky hair...I mean the thickest of the thick. Well...the protective style I would like is a full sew-in weave. I do NOT like putting heat on my head so I do not want to have to flatten it or press it out for someone to braid. I would like to keep it in its natural state. I was wondering if anyone could recommend something that would give my hair MEGA MOISTURE AND SOFTNESS before braiding it up for the sew-in.

ARE THERE ANY LADIES IN HOUSTON TEXAS IN HERE? I am hoping so! I would really like this done but I am tired of ppl thinking that just because I have thick hair they can tug and pull and snatch on it. I am just wanting a nice gentle touch and someone who does not braid so tight u can see scalp pores or u can see the skin being pulled up and my eyes look siamese. So please ladies help! And if anyone is in the Houston tx area with natural hair that can do this please help me! Thanks!

I don't wear weaves, but maybe scurl or carefree curl in moderation should keep your hair moisturized. I love that stuff.

I'm a 4a but I've been battling bouts of bone-dryness for a while now and the best method so far for me has been deep conditioning. I've tried ten conditioners or so and the two that leave my hair feeling soft like butter are: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose and Yes to Carrots Hair Mask. I leave the conditioner on my hair for about one hour covered with a plastic cap and a winter hat (looks goofy, works great!). I don't use heat of any kind.

Also my regimen is all about tangle prevention so I wear my hair in 16 twists and on wash day I work with my hair in 6-8 sections, washing one section at a time. It takes a little more time but it keeps my hair virtually tangle free. HTH

Hi :)

I do not have 4b type natural hair but I am natural. Also I have never worn a sew in but my suggestions are to: deep condition the day before (maybe even the night before) and to also mix your own spray using [conditioner, oil and maybe aloe vera juice and water] that way you spray your braids whilst underneath the weave.

I would suggest getting a wet and wavy type hair. This way you won't have to straighten to make the hair left out "blend" with the weave. If also read info from other ladies that wash once a week and use braid spray to moisturize your hair underneath.

:welcome3:

I don't have any suggestions on who you could see, but I wanted to welcome you and to congratulate you on your admittance to nursing school. :yep: That's really great!

I agree with Curlyninjagirl in that some deep conditioning treatments should do well to prepare your hair to be weaved up. I would also like to suggest using coconut, avocado, and olive oils for hot oil treatments, too. I hope this helps you and good luck! :)

Im going into nursing too! What school/program are you doing? Sorry I don't have anything useful to add to the thread...

CONGRATS and welcome.

Many ladies are successful with a mixture of distilled water, aloe vera, and glycerin (sorry you'll have to search around for measurements)

Other ladies use Hawaiian Silky spray

There are some braid (under weave) specific products on the market too that would address moisture and itching.

I'm with Mane A. and NajiA. on the pre-DC, but I'm not sure how oiling would affect your weave.

Please seek out MissKibibi - as she regularly uses weaves as protective styling. She is not natural but the care is generally similar.

All the best!!!

Hey Just wanted to say to Everyone THANK U!!!! :blush3:

Well, I went out today and bought Redken Butter treat and the conditioner (so datgum expensive!!!) I have yet to try it because I want to totally cleanse my hair before trying it. Im going to have to look up how to an ACV rinse or baking soda rinse or which ever one is the total cleanser/clarifier. I also would like to do a protein treatment but not sure which order to do them in safely.

@imanatural I got accepted in Lamar Univ. in TX nursing program.

Cool! im going to be in tx in a few days! i always do my acv rinse after my protein treatment.. sometimes i put a little baking soda in it too..

Back