Hi! I'm a Newbie, please help!

thinkpinkprincess

Hi, everyone! I'm ThinkPinkPrincess, and I've been a lurker for a while, but I finally subscribed!:yep: You guys are sooo AWESOME :Rose: and such an inspiration to me and I have learned so much and can't wait to learn more and make new friends! Okay, I have alot of questions, so I'm really really sorry this is going to be long lol.

I'm 4a relaxed, but I'm thinking of going natural and transitioning but I'm scared because I'm 18 and I've been relaxed since I was like, seven so I don't even know my own texture well:blush: but I have a little over an inch of new growth right now.

Does this routine sound okay for now?

Vitamins : BellaNutri, Centrum Multivitamin, Calcium, Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, 2 oz of carrot juice

Co wash a couple days a week w/ HE HH mixed w/evoo and honey

Moisturize daily w/ aloe/glycerin, seal w/ ORS carrot oil :lick:

Steam or DC with ORS Hair mayo for 15 min., followed by UBH conditioner heated for 30 min, then Kenra MC or ORS RP pak (either mixed w/glycerin and EVOO and honey)

Use WGO mixed w/ peppermint oil every other night as a stimulating growth treatment

Okay, so here are some other questions:

Are there any legit Sea Veggie supplements that I can take?
Anyone using liquid chloropyhll?
Anywhere I can get pure ceramides, collagen, marine protein, and hydrolized elastin to add to my products?
How do I acheive elasticity?
How do I acheive thickness?
Any good salons in Greensboro, NC?
What good/bad ingredients do I need to look for/avoid in a product?
How do I find some moisturizing conitioners that are low in protwein?
Where can I purchase a good hair steamer?
What stops shedding?
What are the benefits of ginseg?
Can we make something similar to Aveda elixer since it's discontinued?
What's the nest way to tame my nappy edges:blush: ?

okay ladies, I know that was ALOT but I just really really want to be equipped with as much good Knowledge as possible so I can start my journey to waist length hair! :lick:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Last edited:

Vitamins : BellaNutri, Centrum Multivitamin, Calcium, Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, 2 oz of carrot juice sounds good. does bella nutri overlap what you already have in centrum?

Steam or DC with ORS Hair mayo for 15 min., followed by UBH conditioner heated for 30 min, then Kenra MC or ORS RP pak (either mixed w/glycerin and EVOO and honey)

Use WGO mixed w/ peppermint oil every other night as a stimulating growth treatment
all of the above sounds fantastic.

Are there any legit Sea Veggie supplements that I can take? chlorella, kelp, seaweed...
Anyone using liquid chloropyhll? me! I take it before bed. I feel more energetic
Anywhere I can get pure ceramides, collagen, marine protein, and hydrolized elastin to add to my products? hmmmm, Id have to look that up
How do I acheive elasticity? check my recent blog for that. link in sig
How do I acheive thickness? transitioning is a good start.
What good/bad ingredients do I need to look for/avoid in a product? check my blog
How do I find some moisturizing conitioners that are low in protwein? Aussie deep 3 minute miracle
Where can I purchase a good hair steamer? dunno :/
What stops shedding? garlic helps
What are the benefits of ginseg? blood circulation
Can we make something similar to Aveda elixer since it's discontinued? dunno :/
What's the nest way to tame my nappy edges:blush: ? scarf method. Put hair into ponytail. Apply leave in conditioner, pomade, gel, etc to edges. Put on scarf so that it covers your eyes atleast. Secure the scarf tightly then pull it back using the flaps. remove to wear you hair or loosen up right before bed.
[/quote]

Welcome! I tried to answer as many questions as I could....

*That's a lot of conditioning! Why don't you try pre pooing with UBH, shampoo and then dc with Kenra or ORS Pak

Anywhere I can get pure ceramides, collagen, marine protein, and hydrolized elastin to add to my products?

*I think you can get them at www.lotioncrafter.com

How do I acheive thickness?

*Try using JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) or regular ol' castor oil

What good/bad ingredients do I need to look for/avoid in a product?

*Petroleum/petrolatum, lanolin, mineral oil and bad alcohols

How do I find some moisturizing conitioners that are low in protein?

*Pantene R&N Mask, Kenra MC, KeraCare Humecto, Freeman's Sea Kelp Moisturizing Conditioner, Nexxus Humectress, ORS Pak

Where can I purchase a good hair steamer?

*Ebay?

What stops shedding?

*Poos and cons containing garlic (can't remember any specific brnds right now)

What's the nest way to tame my nappy edges?

*Try using the scarf method. You put gel (non drying gel!) castor oil or something thick on your edges and then tie a satin scarf over your head for at least 15 minutes. You can also try the tancho stick

Welcome! Hopefully, some of the hair gurus will chime in to help you. I can't answer all of your questions but you can try Queen Helene garlic shampoo to help combat shedding and follow up with a moisturizing shampoo. Try Ebay for a steamer. Your regimen sounds pretty good.

Just wanted to say Welcome as I am a relative Newbie myself...

Why don't you come over and join our Newbie Thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=194209

All you need is a starting pic, post your regimen and have some goals that you want to accomplish (can be long term, short term and can change over time). We report out on progress at the beginning of each month w/ pics...

It's our little place to ask each other the "dumb" questions and get acquainted on a more personal level with some of the other ladies who are newer to the boards as well...If you're interested, just pop in and introduce yourself...

Co/signing on everyone else's advice.

For the edges (in addition to every1 else's response):

Elasta QP Mango Butter
Fantasia IC gel

I personally don't like these, but they have gotten huge raves for taming new growth/edges

S-Curl and Sta-Sof-Fro

wow, thank you guys sooo much for the welcomes and for answering some questions! I will definitely have to join the Newbie thread, hopefully I will have some pics soon! Maybe you guys are right and that is too much conditioning, I will try both ways and see how it goes. Oh, and you guys are probably right about the vitamins too :lachen: I just want BSL so BAD but there's only so much nutrients my body can handle at one time!

Vitamins : BellaNutri, Centrum Multivitamin, Calcium, Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, 2 oz of carrot juice sounds good. does bella nutri overlap what you already have in centrum?

Are there any legit Sea Veggie supplements that I can take? chlorella, kelp, seaweed...
Anyone using liquid chloropyhll? me! I take it before bed. I feel more energetic
Anywhere I can get pure ceramides, collagen, marine protein, and hydrolized elastin to add to my products? hmmmm, Id have to look that up
What good/bad ingredients do I need to look for/avoid in a product? check my blog
How do I find some moisturizing conitioners that are low in protwein? Aussie deep 3 minute miracle
What's the nest way to tame my nappy edges:blush: ? scarf method. Put hair into ponytail. Apply leave in conditioner, pomade, gel, etc to edges. Put on scarf so that it covers your eyes atleast. Secure the scarf tightly then pull it back using the flaps. remove to wear you hair or loosen up right before bed.
[/quote]

It probably does a little bit but it has other stuff that is not in the Centrum like grapeseed oil, marine protein, and some other things

[/quote]

Cieramichele, I just checked out your blog and it looks totally awesome! Definitely look forward to reading this!

Back