Hi Everyone!

greAtness333

Finally! I was having some trouble with logging in before
ohwell.gif
but now I'm here and get to chat with all of you.
grin.gif
This board has given me so much advice on how to take care of my hair. I just cut my hair above my ears and tapered in the back- to start over after having a tragic hair year 2003
frown.gif
. So far so good. Now the front of my hair is about down to my nose and the sides are about down to my ear lobe.
smile.gif
My hair type is 4b, very thick and if not properly taken care of- kinky. I weekly wash with a moisturizing shampoo, condition www.JaneCarterSolution.com, cholesterol, ORS hair mayonnaise and JCS leave-in. I also use JCS nourish&shine and hair serum- this leaves my new growth very soft and managable. I also use ORS Olive Oil, WGO (on weekends after washes) and Doo Gro for thinning edges and temples. I just started taking GNC UltraMega Woman and Biotin. I just got a touch-up and trim (every 6 wks.) so for my next wash I plan to start pre-treating with homemade EVOO, Honey and eggs. The only time I apply heat to my hair is if my stylist does (1-3 times/6 wks.). I let my hair air-dry in two-strand twists that come out looking like straw set curls. I'm hoping that I can extend my relaxers to 8 wks. but my hair is so thick already. What does everyone else think?
confused.gif

Hair Goal: Shoulder length by September, healthy hair
2nd: Bra strap 2005

Hi
wave.gif
Welcome!
Your regime sounds really good!About relaxing every 8 weeks,I used to be a every 6 weeks girl and have now started going 8 weeks.If you want to start stretching out your relaxer you can try going just to 7 weeks and see how it goes .If it works out fine then you can try 8 weeks next time.This is what I did and I am planning to go for more than 8 weeks soon.

There are lots of threads about stretching out relaxers.Use the search function to find out more about it.Ladies here have lots of techniques to help them stretch out their relaxer.
Good Luck!

Welcome to LHCF!
[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
I let my hair air-dry in two-strand twists that come out looking like straw set curls.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds really interesting, I've never tried this. Do you have any problems taking apart your twists after drying? I would love to see pics of your hair after airdrying in twists.
smile.gif

Back