Hey, when y'all are done catching up on reading the threads from last weekend...

BLESSED1

...can you answer this for me please :p My hair has been shedding for the past month and a half, I think it's seasonal but usually it only sheds from Sept. to Oct., anyway I've been using emergencee every other week and the shedding has gradually reduced every week but not back to my "normal" rate. I will be dying my hair this week, would it be okay for me to do a protein treatment when I dye? I would apply the dye, let it sit, rinse, shampoo and then put on my protein treatment and deep conditioner (I normally do those 2 together, doesn't give me any problems). My hair isn't in bad shape, it's just this excessive shedding has me worried but I think my hair is strong enough to handle dye. I just want to make sure the dye won't increase the shedding and esp. don't want increased breakage, that's why I just want to do the protein right away instead of waiting for the next shampoo day (I only shampoo every 6 days). Any advice is appreciated :yep:

Good morning! What type of protein treatment are you doing? Aphopgee has instructions on how to do their treatment and color on the same day. If you think Aphogee is too strong try Aubrey's GPB. I find this effective for my shedding issues. Good luck and don't forget to post pics! :D

Hey my fellow MA sister :wave:

I don't know what I'm going to use, I have some old emergencee that I'm trying to use up, I just got a free trial size motions cpr protein reconstructor, a single pack of the ion intensive therapy protein rebuilder/moisturizer, and a single pack of aphogee treatment for damaged hair. I know, it's a lot but I was given some stuff for free recently, before that I only had a little bit of emergencee left :lol: This apogee that I have doesn't say anything about use while coloring, I must not have the one that everyone else here uses?

simplycee said:
Good morning! What type of protein treatment are you doing? Aphopgee has instructions on how to do their treatment and color on the same day. If you think Aphogee is too strong try Aubrey's GPB. I find this effective for my shedding issues. Good luck and don't forget to post pics! :D

Its funny that you mention GPB. My hair started shedding like crazy in August. I would literally just touch it and hairs came out left and right. It had never been that bad before. I became afraid of all my products so I started using only Aubrey GPB as my conditioner (a trusted product since childhood), and washed only with Aubrey shampoo, and the shedding has finally come to a halt! Thank God!

Back