Herbal Essence highlighting kit

WaterMoccasin

Has anyone used this? I bought a Clairol Textures & Tones color kit, but now I'm thinking of returning it and using Herbal Essence highlighting kit instead (with the little highlighting thingie- you know, the 'streaking party' commercial).
What do you think?

I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had bought a box, thinking that it was mild enuf to use on my daughter's relaxed dark brown hair. We bought the Copper colored one... Anyway when I got home and read the instructions, it said "Not to be used on relaxed hair"... OKaaaay.... So I took some hair strands out of her brush and did a strand test. I left it in the solution waaaay too long, but when I took the hair out, it was WHITE, and felt like that hard doll-baby hair!!
shocked.gif
Needless to say, we didn't use it. I actually did another strand test afterwards, leaving the hair in the solution for just 10 minutes, and it DID turn it that pretty coppery color, but I didn't want to take the chance on damaging her hair...
nono.gif
I took it right back to Walmart and got her Loreal ColorSpa instead.
smile.gif
Wheeew!!! Thank GOD I didn't use it on her hair w/o doing a test!!!
ooo.gif

BTW: Which color of the T&T did you get??

I just wanted to say. I think that highlighting comb produces the worst highlights I've ever seen. Ironic u posted because I just thought about how bad they looked last nite while watching Tv. It screams "at home dye job'. I say stick w/ your brand.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had bought a box, thinking that it was mild enuf to use on my daughter's relaxed dark brown hair. We bought the Copper colored one... Anyway when I got home and read the instructions, it said "Not to be used on relaxed hair"... OKaaaay.... So I took some hair strands out of her brush and did a strand test. I left it in the solution waaaay too long, but when I took the hair out, it was WHITE, and felt like that hard doll-baby hair!!
shocked.gif
Needless to say, we didn't use it. I actually did another strand test afterwards, leaving the hair in the solution for just 10 minutes, and it DID turn it that pretty coppery color, but I didn't want to take the chance on damaging her hair...
nono.gif
I took it right back to Walmart and got her Loreal ColorSpa instead.
smile.gif
Wheeew!!! Thank GOD I didn't use it on her hair w/o doing a test!!!
ooo.gif

BTW: Which color of the T&T did you get??

[/ QUOTE ]

How smart to do a strand test first!
smile.gif

My SIL used this. She used Bigen on her relaxed hair, then a week or two later added highlights, because she didn't like the darkness Bigen left. She also bought the copper color. It's very metallic looking. A week or two later, her hair began snapping like twigs. She blamed the Bigen. I'm trying to convince her it's the highlights. She had my brother (of aaaaaall people) help her with the back of her hair. He over applied it. Needless to say, that area is the most damaged.

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
Lindy, how did the ColorSpa turn out on your daughter's hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

It came out great!!
smile.gif
We used a shade called "Redwood" and it really shows up nicely!!
up.gif

Back