Henna lovers, i need help.

meverllyn1

Has anyone tried Hennalucent neutral? I tried it and loved it. But from what I have read from the posts, cassia and henna is really good. Is it better than hennalucent for conditioning?

meverllyn1 said:
Has anyone tried Hennalucent neutral? I tried it and loved it. But from what I have read from the posts, cassia and henna is really good. Is it better than hennalucent for conditioning?

My one rule: if you're gonna do henna, do it right...just get 100% henna. I've heard very mixed reviews on hennalucent.

I have used hennalucent in the past. It's comparable to cassia (which is "neutral henna") so both are used for condition properties. I like using the natural product b/c I know what's in it. You can check out www.hennaforhair.com to read on henna, order $1 samples and the full stuff. Just poke round You can learn a lot from that site

ETA: this page, http://www.mehandi.com/shop/index.html
takes you directly to the page that you can order from catherine and read up on the henna.

Jlove74, thanks for the information, i read in your staples that you use emu oil, is it really good? I have read alot good review about it, but never talk with anyone personally who used it.

meverllyn1 said:
Jlove74, thanks for the information, i read in your staples that you use emu oil, is it really good? I have read alot good review about it, but never talk with anyone personally who used it.

I love it. I use it as a mousturizer on my face at night and on my scalp once a week. It's very light, has no smell and get's the job done

This is the place I get mine from and it has some good reading info on emu oil: http://www.thunderridgeemu.com/

I use it sometimes. I love it, as well. It has protein in it, though. I guess it should be avoided if you don't want protein.

I don't think it is a substitute for the real thing, but a nice-to-try item that supplements henna.

I personally don't like the color effects of henna. Using things like cassia alone or mixing it with items I can get in the store like Hennalucent or Light mountain neutral have been great for me.

I know some ladies are against these products, but my hair has become much stronger and thicker as a result of these products and I don't have to deal with the henna color or mess.

But, Hennalucent neutral is NOT as good as Light mountain henna, in my opinion. Hennalucent is sifted better, but the conditioning is not as good, to me. I don't get the same thicker hair efect that I get with Light mountain. The problem with Light mountain is that it is just not sifted to well. But, you can sift it yourself. There is a page on the HFH site (http://www.hennapage.com/henna/how/sift.html) on how to sift henna if you need to, but I just bought a $10 flour sifter and it makes the Light Mountain much easier to rinse.

Also, cassia alone does not seem to work as well as the Light mountain or Rainbow (also needs to be sifted) henna products. That is why I mix them with cassia and I have just fallen in LOVE with my hair at this point.

Back