Help

longhaircraver

Help!! I've wanted long hair since I was a little girl. My new growth comes out very tight and dry and usually appear 2 weeks after a relaxer. If this sound s like you and you have still managed to grow long hair PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!:cry3::cry3::cry3::crying3::swearing::help::help::help:

Well, at least you know your hair grows and it can grow long! you just need to retain the length. A great moisturizing deep conditioner and leave-in will help tame the new growth and help to make it softer and manageable. Also, everytime you use a leave-in moisturizer, seal it with an oil such as unrefined coconut oil or castor oil. it helps to lock in that moisture thereby combatting dryness.

I don't want to push PJism but some good dc's are SitriNillah conditioning mask(http://www.hairveda.net/), Joico has a good Kpak line or try the Moisture Recovery. I love them! Moisture is the key and protein as needed (I know relaxed heads need it more than naturals, it seems). Watch your heat usage, sleep on a satin pillowcase or with a silk scarf. Don't get scissor happy!

and patience... although I'm not the one to preach on that. :rolleyes:

good luck and happy hair growing!:grin:

Back