Help! What gives and maintains hold at the roots in rollersetting?

Wildkat08

What setting lotion or other products give u hold at the roots after rollersetting? Im a 3B fine haired natural, and love rollersetting for curl and volume, but find it hard to keep my rollersets light and airy while keeping hold at the roots, the roots just go limp! Im seriously thinking about trying lacio lacio, but it doesnt seem to be a "hold" product for the roots, and I have no problem keeping the curls. What about a root lifting products at the root before setting hair on each roller? Who knows!!! I need help! Anyone?

PS: just purchases Proclaim super setting lotion today to try. Just b/c its inexpensive. Any thoughts on it for this problem?

I've seen some root volumizing sprays and lotions. I think one was made by Big Sexy Hair. I haven't tried this so I can't comment on it. I hope someone who does this will chime in.:grin:

I have fine hair as well - I use lottabody and get great volume (blue version)....I know what you mean about the Lacio Lacio...

I have fine hair as well - I use lottabody and get great volume (blue version)....I know what you mean about the Lacio Lacio...

How much do u dilute? I thought about mixing the lotta body and lacio lacio, with water of course. ever done that?

How much do u dilute? I thought about mixing the lotta body and lacio lacio, with water of course. ever done that?

I would dilute the lottabody based on the instructions ..I think it is one part lottabody - 3 parts waters ...I also keep a spray water bottle a couple of squirts lacio lacio in it just in case my gets a little dry...the pic in my avatar is my so-called protective.. I just set on 3 rollers and keep going.....if I am going out I would do an all over rollerset...

what kind of rollers do you use? my stylist told me that mesh rollers grip better onto the hair, therefore making your roots straighter. but it could also be the method in which you roll b/c when i do my sets on magnetic rollers, my roots stay straight in the front and sides, but it's harder to get the right tension at the top.

back to setting lotion - i use lottabody dilluted with 4 parts water. that stuff holds pretty well. makes my hair smooth and not crunchy when mixed properly.

what kind of rollers do you use? my stylist told me that mesh rollers grip better onto the hair, therefore making your roots straighter. but it could also be the method in which you roll b/c when i do my sets on magnetic rollers, my roots stay straight in the front and sides, but it's harder to get the right tension at the top.

back to setting lotion - i use lottabody dilluted with 4 parts water. that stuff holds pretty well. makes my hair smooth and not crunchy when mixed properly.

I use magnetic, but im willing to try mesh... that "pin" thing seems difficult to master, uggghhhh... thanks for the advice!

Nothing helps my roots. I just flatiron the roots once I'm done drying my rollerset hair. Do you use anything after you're out of the dryer?

Back