Help: Something is missing - it's called moisture

ShortyDooWhop

OK, so here's my situation. I have thin, 4a hair that was bra-strap length. Then I put in a weave. I removed the weave and washed my hair without de-tangling first. As you can imagine, my hair was one giant dread lock. Thankfully, my stylist was able to untangle my hair. However, I lost a whole lot of hair. She suggested that I wait a couple of weeks before my next chemical process, then get a texturizer rather than a perm. I followed her advice, and yesterday, I got a texturizer and cut about 2 1/2 to 3 inches off. My hair looks better (it doesn't look stringy), but it feels like straw. So much so, that someone felt it and said that it didn't look like my hair normally does and asked whether it was done.

Please, Please, Please, does anyone have any recommendations of what I can do to get my hair to look and feel moisturized?

OK, so here's my situation. I have thin, 4a hair that was bra-strap length. Then I put in a weave. I removed the weave and washed my hair without de-tangling first. As you can imagine, my hair was one giant dread lock. Thankfully, my stylist was able to untangle my hair. However, I lost a whole lot of hair. She suggested that I wait a couple of weeks before my next chemical process, then get a texturizer rather than a perm. I followed her advice, and yesterday, I got a texturizer and cut about 2 1/2 to 3 inches off. My hair looks better (it doesn't look stringy), but it feels like straw. So much so, that someone felt it and said that it didn't look like my hair normally does and asked whether it was done.

Please, Please, Please, does anyone have any recommendations of what I can do to get my hair to look and feel moisturized?

What products are u currently using?

Deep condition with heat or without heat for a few hours. Use coconut oil, mayo and honey. or egg, avacado, banana etc. Their are alot of recipes for deep conditioner or you can buy one. I think you need a good deep condition to get your hair back on track. As far as a leave in. I just spray with glycerin mix and seal with shea butter or oil. Maybe some other ladies will chime in with what they do. Good luck.

Which ever DC you use try leaving it overnight under a shower cap and add some coconut oil to it, and warm it slighly for 10 seconds

WATER, WATER, WATER AND WATER BASED LEAVE-INS!!!:grin: alternating with protein, to help restore the hair.

infusium 23 ( water based ) then seal with castor oil. Another good leave in (courtesy of Kimmaytube) you would use AFTER you thoroughly wet your hair. You would apply this to your wet/damp hair with downward motion.

The recipe:
1 oz consists of KCKT ( or any creamy leave-in )
2 Tbls aloe vera juice that's made with citric acid as the preservative. this way the pH will be round 4.5 - 5.5
2 tsp jojoba oil
2 tsp castor oil.

mix well. the amount here will make enough for bra strap length. if there's leftovers you can store them in the fridge for a short time.

A good read is member Chicoro's grow it book! alternate moisturizing deep condish ( like qp DPR-11 mixed with honey and a little castor oil and aloe juice) with moist heat ( like steam) with a good protein condish (like aphogee the light condish) and of course use water to daily moisturize/spritz your hair.
Hth!

Last edited:
I agree add some EVCO to a moisturizing DC and DC with heat for a little while then leave in for a few more hours maybe even overnight.

It might also help to baggy your ends until you notice your hair going back to normal and use a moisturizer with glycerin during the day if you happen to live in a humid area.

Back