Help PLEASE. Frustrated/Advice NEEDED

delp

I have two hair texturized now: half natural 2-3inches/half relaxed 2-3inches.
My problem: my hair is fine and have severe scalp problems Dermatitis/Psoriasis. I brought Affirm mild online and mixed it. My hair turned out underprocessed and I still had scalp burns. The next time I allowed my friend to put in my relaxer. The previously relaxer portion got even more relaxed and the new growth was underprocessed.
Now I have relaxed tips/underprocessed middle/New growth roots. Since I have waited soo long to put in another relaxer my hair has been popping/shedding/breaking.... I.e. Now I have more new growth then relaxed tips.

The only relaxer that has ever worked well with me : Affirm Fiberguard no-lye but, I don't know if it was my stylist (may have left it in too long usually 20-25min.) but my hair was always straight but would break very easily. It did not burn my scalp but my hair had no tensile strength. If I pulled/tugged on a strand that strand was in my hand.

My question? What the hell do I do? I don't know how to press. I always burn my self. I don't know anyone who can texturize well. I had this done before and either it gets too straight (people forget my hair is fine) or it looks like a fizzy fro. I have been a member for awhile now, and I thought I would find the answers to my problems by joining. I have found good info but, I don't know what to do.

Please give me any feedback. Thanks.
I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area. If you can recommend anyone then Please do so.

It wasn't clear exactly what you want to do. You say that your hair is half natural, half relaxed, then you say you have more new growth than relaxed hair. You later mention pressing and texturizing in the same context, so I'm more than a little confused? Sorry, it's probably just me. :look: But if I understand any of what you said, I think it would be best to cut off the 2-3 inches of relaxed ends and try to work with the natural new growth, since you say that texturizing it has been hit or miss. If you can't deal with the natural, you have the option of wearing a wig, weave or braids until you find someone who can texturize it properly.

Depends on what you want from your hair. It sounds like you are having relaxer problems. My hair is really fine as well and if I also had scalp issues, I'd go natural. But I'm a bit biased. You're right about texturizers- some look great but there's no guarantee that it'll look right. You could try flat ironing or sporting a wig.

thanks for your responses. I sorry if my words were confusing. I don't know what to do next with my hair. I have grown it natural before. In fact, I have two years/shoulder length natural that fell out within three months of allowing someone to put in a relaxer.

Everyone says no lye is wrong but, Has anyone had any success with fiberguard no lye?

Can someone who is ntuaral, where a press daily without significant damage?

My friend told me she couldn't were a natural because everytime her husband would make love to her there would be reversion taking place?

I would like the strength of natural hair, with the look of a relaxer? How can I do this. OR is this a dream?

Appears as if your experiencing similar promblems i was having when i allowed stylists who didn't know how to texturize spoil my textures. I don't know how much help i can offer, but i'll explain my regime. I'm currently streching my relaxer and cutting off the multiple textures a little at a time in the meantime, i keep my hair braided and continue treatments to grow-out enough natural hair over a course of the year to process my own hair at home for five minutes since i have a lot of experience in doing relaxers. the only way you can get near enough the strength of natural hair with a relaxed look is to leave a mild relaxer on for 5-7 minutes only, which should define/loosen coils but you will have a natural look. the imoprtant thing is to perform strand tests first before processing to ensure end result and having someone who knows what their doing HTHs

den1 said:
Appears as if your experiencing similar promblems i was having when i allowed stylists who didn't know how to texturize spoil my textures. I don't know how much help i can offer, but i'll explain my regime. I'm currently streching my relaxer and cutting off the multiple textures a little at a time in the meantime, i keep my hair braided and continue treatments to grow-out enough natural hair over a course of the year to process my own hair at home for five minutes since i have a lot of experience in doing relaxers. the only way you can get near enough the strength of natural hair with a relaxed look is to leave a mild relaxer on for 5-7 minutes only, which should define/loosen coils but you will have a natural look. the imoprtant thing is to perform strand tests first before processing to ensure end result and having someone who knows what their doing HTHs

Do you relax your hair in sections? If not, how do you get it all done in 5 to 7 minutes?

Yes, I did relax in sections. Problem came when I tried to rinse one of the sections out... The other section got wet. ... The person who was doing my hair refused to wait til the next day or another two days. She started processing the other section and you can't relax wet hair.... ended up with half relaxed half natural hair... What fun...

Anyway, for those that do the half and half , how do you kept the water from the other side/sides. We tried everything.

I have tried the texturizer. Ended up with a fro. what is the benefit of texturizing if you still have a fro... I have not found the right amt. of time that work for my head since I have two texturized. Front 4b/fine, back 3b/4a fine. The back is basically naturally curly, does not need a perm. It is alot stronger and rarely gets overprocessed.

Back