Help! Newbie with problems

Hello Ladies, I am new to this board, but I have been lurking for sometime now. I feel that I have been doing a good job careing for my hair thanks to you ladies. I have been stretching my relaxers for 12 weeks, co washing, deep conditioning every time I wash. I have run into a problem I recently got a relaxer on Jan 10th after a 12 week stretch. My problem is I am experienceing some severe breakage. I have tried emergencee, eggs for protien, and infusium 21, but nothing is working I am in need of some good advice, and I know if anyone can help me its you ladies here. I have come a long way from where I started from just below my ears to almost shoulder lenght in 6 months, and i would really hate to have to start over due to this set back.

Was there any overlap during the relaxing? Did you do ANYTHING differently than what you normally do when you relax?

Perhaps you need to lay off the protein and just focus on moisturizing your hair. LeKair cholestrol is a good one. THe pink jar. You have to either use it with heat or leave in on under a cap for a couple of hours. I go to bed in it and wash it out in the morning.

I think all the products you've mentioned are mainly for protein.

I always read a post were someone said:,they hair breaking the only thing cause breakage got to be misuse of a product.

One day i used apohgee treatment for the first time i washed my hair in the sink never knew the aphogee was gettin back on my hair it broke off my hair in the back, so did yu wash ur hair good,maybe the relaxer stayed on two long or u just cant strengh tha long it could be the wrong relaxer did u change ur diet what we eat can effect our hair.

No I have not been using any heat at all on my hair. I have tried Elasta QP DPR -11 thinking I needed to use a moisturizer but that has not helped either. The relaxer was only applyed to my new growth.

If you had tried the protein and it didn't work, tried the moisturizer and it didn't work, did everything exactly as you have always done it in the past regarding the applying of the relaxer and you use the same brand, etc. then i really don't know what the solution could be. The only thing I can think of is that it could have been a bad batch of relaxer. You could try a heavy duty protein like the Aphogee reconstructor but you shuld test it on a few strands first before putting if all over. Also, maybe you could try washing your hair again with neutralizing shampoo like the ORS aloe and see if that helps. good Luck!

Candiss said:
If you had tried the protein and it didn't work, tried the moisturizer and it didn't work, did everything exactly as you have always done it in the past regarding the applying of the relaxer and you use the same brand, etc. then i really don't know what the solution could be. The only thing I can think of is that it could have been a bad batch of relaxer. You could try a heavy duty protein like the Aphogee reconstructor but you shuld test it on a few strands first before putting if all over. Also, maybe you could try washing your hair again with neutralizing shampoo like the ORS aloe and see if that helps. good Luck!

I agree,if you've used protein and thought you were using too much and then tried moisturizer, then what gives? Who is applying your relaxer and are they really spending time neutralizing? This just happened to me, so that's why i'm thinking. RELAXER+NO NEUTRALIZER=SEVERE BREAKAGE:perplexed

Back