Help..My Head Hurts

cheri_flava74

Okay...here is the deal. I finally decided not to transition after going back and forth with the idea for a couple of weeks. I started roller setting which was like a new breathe of life. Before that I would blowdry and flatiron once a week because I had alot of new growth. I was almost 4 months post relaxer. My doobie wraps was huuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeeee and since learning to rollerset I just didn't have the heart to blowdry and flatiron again especially since I decided not to transition. Anyway instead of stretching to January I went ahead and relaxed with Hawaiin Silky no base regular and my head is hurting so bad. I didn't burn so I don't understand why my head hurts. I based my scalp before applying and applied the grease to my ends also to protect from overlapping. I have been doing my own relaxers and everybody elses since forever so I know what I am doing. I started doing a friend of mine relaxer because her beautician let a relaxer burn her so bad that she had scabs through out her head and all around her hairline. It look as though she was a burn victim especially when the scabs came off. Anyway any ideas or suggestions?

What do you mean by "hurt"? Does it feel like a chemical burn? Or is your scalp just sore?

If it's a chemical burn, my only suggestion is to 1) neutralize AGAIN, and quickly. 2) Then treat your scalp as if it had been burned. (Aloe vera or even Neosporin) lightly. Then don't manipulate it for awhile other than to moisturize the heck out of it.

Sorry this happened to you. I JUST posted about how I'm trying to give up relaxers altogether and the reasons why.

A

Is this the first time you've used that particular brand? Maybe it's some kind of allergic reaction.

aileendq said:
What do you mean by "hurt"? Does it feel like a chemical burn? Or is your scalp just sore?

If it's a chemical burn, my only suggestion is to 1) neutralize AGAIN, and quickly. 2) Then treat your scalp as if it had been burned. (Aloe vera or even Neosporin) lightly. Then don't manipulate it for awhile other than to moisturize the heck out of it.

Sorry this happened to you. I JUST posted about how I'm trying to give up relaxers altogether and the reasons why.

A

I didn't burn but yes it is sore, dry and tight feeling. I put wildgrowth oil on it but it still feel the same. My hair is fine though. It looks nice with a little bounce after I wrapped eventhough the relaxer gave me bone straight results but my scalp is throbbing.

Last edited:
Back