HELP...my ends r crispy.

chocochiquita86

what can i do to keep my ends moisturized?? it's really starting to annoy me that they feel like straw and tend to break off
mad.gif
. i've used heavy hair grease or else vaseline, and it worked, but not for long. should i be wetting my ends or using a moisturizer prior to using the grease? or what other methods would work better????

Any product where the first ingredient is water will help. Grease alone does not moisturize. It only seals in moisture which is water.

What you can do is make a mixture of something in a spray bottle like conditioner, water, oil or whatever and spritz your ends with it. You can then seal in the moisture using your grease.
smile.gif

spray with a little distilled water and seal with sheabutter!

well, my ends r not split, they're just REALLY dry...they look like i use a curling iron everyday or something...i don't know y, cause i don't really use heat @ all.

Chocochiquita86, I recommend using Elasta QP Mango Butter - it's a water-based moisturizer that's not heavy and it's great for use on ends. In fact, here's a link to a discussion about the product and its different uses.

Mango Butter

You say that you use grease - you may want to try avoiding products that have petrolatum or mineral oil because they will just sit on your hair and prevent it from getting any moisture - that could be the cause of your dryness. HTH

I have been using Tigi Ego Boost combined with Profectiv Healthy Ends for a few weeks now,and it has seriously helped my ends...no more splits!

Maybe your not washing enough...How often do you wash your hair? And you should use a moisturizer that doesn't have oil as it's first ingredient. The first ingredient on the list should be water.

I had the same problem last month. I wound up cutting about an inch off of my hair. I know it sound drastic but it was worth it. That inch has already grown back and now my hair looks WAY healthier and thicker than before. My suggestion is this. If your ends are crispy and thin I say cut them off. If your ends are crispy and normal/thick then try this:
First wet your ends then use a deep conditioner (for your ends only) wrap your ends in saran wrap and sit under a hooded blow dryer for 10 minutes or so (try elastaqp conditioner) rinse that out OR put conditoner on your ends and let it stay on your hair over night (cover with silk scarf) and rinse out in the morning. After rinsing out your conditioner apply Healthy ends to your ends only. Blow dry you hair with a comb attachment to straighten and dry ends. At night wrap your hair with a wide toothed comb and cover it with a scarf.

chocochiquita86,
I bumped my thread called how I stopped my ends from shedding for you, hopefully that helps
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
spray with a little distilled water and seal with sheabutter!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very similar to what I do. I spray my hair with leave in conditioner and seal with shea or mango butter or mizani rose mixed with jojoba oil.

Also try doing the "Vaseline Challenge." Every night before you go to bed, saturate your ends with vaseline and use a silk scarf. Do this for 7 days, keeping with your normal routine. I really like the vaseline challenge.

A rollerset after washing your hair may help too. Make sure to use a leave in on the ends. I tried this a few weeks ago and my ends looked great!

Take care,
G

Back