help me please

Adrian3bc

I cut my hair back in late march to even it out with the broken offf patch in the back. Then in about a month ago I got micro braids. I have been caring for them properly BUT, alot of new growth and fuzzy little curls popping out all over the place is making them look older than they are. I started to take them down and I see that my hair is almost back to it's original length from March BUT, the broken hair in the center has seemed to not grow at all. is there a weave that I can wear to cover that spot only? or does anyone have any general ideas to help hide the patch besides braid outs? btw, I press my hair weekly with a cermamic so the weave would need to be removable or something.

TIA,
Adrian

Please, Please, please help

I dont know much about weaves but I would continue to give TLC to that patch in the center while keeping in the braids. Moisture seems to be the key and perhaps re-do the braids in that area more often to check on things and to reduce the chance of more breakage. Keep those braids clean as well. Sorry I couldnt help more....good luck...and dont fret over it...it will grow in.

I also don't know much about weaves either, but I would think you could get a hairpiece that matches your hair, preferably human hair so you can work it into curls if you want to...just like your hair. You could get that central part of your head braided in a spiral then a weave sown on. You could then wear your hair in a pony tail, or a bob or just big curls combed out like Halle Berry's Boomerang hairdo... It would be best if you didn't remove the piece for sometime though so your hair has time to grow unbothered.

Hi Adrien3bc,

There is a new type of weave that's like a "snap on". It hooks up at the very top and bottom of your head. Check your local beauty suppy store. My sister wears these new snap on weaves and she has a new hair style every day.
smile.gif

I'll find out from my sister for you. Hopefully, she remembers. If not, I'll go to the local beauty supply store and find out the brand name myself.
smile.gif

Adrian,

I agree with Lunalight. Continue to give that area some extra TLC to strengthen it. Protein of course would be great. Also, a strengthener that you can use daily like Profectiv Break Free or Mizani Rose H20 overnight treatment would probably also be helpful.

Adrian,

My sister uses 3 different brands. Freetress makes a full cap weave called SHAKE-N-GO. Outre is another brand and they call it a Quick Weave. The third company is called Sensational. HTH
smile.gif

Back