help me please read !!!!

Lela

hi i'm AA and my hair stops at my shoulder i really want longer hair. i tried washing once a week and setting under the dryer with rollers then i comb it out with a bush but then it breaks and then i have to get it cut i take skin nail and hair pills but they work i think but i might have to drink more water please give me some tips i wear my hair down all the time and i go to a shop were there pull my hair with a blow dryer every 2 weeks i really want long hair plaese give me tips on what i'm doing work or missing i use carrot oil and the cream help me!!!!
confused.gif

wave.gif
Welcome. Have you tried doing protein treatments to stop the breakage?

To start retaining length you first need to stop the breakage. Maybe the brushing is making your hair break, you could try a wide tooth, seamless comb. Alot of ladies on here recommend the K Cutter. Also brushing or combing too roughly may be contributing to the breakage so be gentle.

Here are some general tips:
Avoid heat as much as possible...don't use it everyday!
Find a products that work for you(shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner)
Find hair style that require little manipulation (less stress on your hair) and protect your ends such a bun, braids twists, etc

Let us know how you are styling your hair daily, how your products are working(or what you're looking for), how often you relax, and it will be easier to pinpoint any problems.
smile.gif
HTH

Hi, you will have long hair but it takes patience, what is your hair type (go to the begining of site and their should be a link that explains your type), what products do you use? It takes some work at first (keeping it real) but you will get the hang of it.

*Is your hair relaxed or natural
*What kind of comb or brush do you use
* what kind of products do you use
*How often do you relax/color or trim your hair
*How often do you apply heat (blowdryers, hot irons, straightening combs)

My Personal tips

*Deep condition your hair, I don't know what your type is but it seems as if your hair is dry/damaged, try something like APHoGEE this stuff works but it really smells, you can ask the other ladies on the site for similar products.

*Be careful with how you comb or brush your hair, please be gentle, rough combing=breakage

*if your hair is dry use a moisturizing shampoo or opt for no-poo washes. No poo washes are washes that you wash your hair with no shampoo, just conditioner.

*Use light moisturizing products and oils such as Jojoba, Castor, rosemary, Kemi Oyl is good.

*Go for no contact style such as buns, braids, twists etc...

*Go to this site, the owner Robin has waist lenght hair and provides EXCELLENT tips on how to grow your hair and Den1 and Diva(members of this site) has gotten great results following Robin's advice and so can you. Good Luck!
smile.gif

Back