Help me NOT BC

Whimsy

I'm seriously struggling today.
I almost got the scissors and chopped off my texlaxed ends.
I just got new headshots done showing me with long hair so it would be insanely stupid to cut my hair now.
But I cannot stop thinking about seeing myself completely natural....

help?:spinning::drunk::wallbash:

How much of a problem is it that your new headshots show you with long hair? If you can get new ones made then I say go ahead and do it. If not, then go for a run or something but stay far away from the scissors.

Girl, you've been transitioning for almost 2 years! I had the urge to chop after 8 months, and when you feel that strongly about it, little that we say is going to change your mind, IMO.

I say go for it. And post some pictures so I can be jealous! lol :)

Timing is everything! You are feeling rash and ready to act rash. Considering you have just gotten headshots with your hair a certain length you need to ride this feeling out. By or before the beginning of summer you can have the ends cut off and still have the length in your headshots. Take a deep breath and breathe.

I'm not a fan of the BC anyway; but since you just took new pics.. its an even better reason not to. LOL.. depending on your line of employment (modeling/acting?).. I don't know.. but someone may book you based on your overall look..which includes that gorgeous hair... you don't want to show up and for them to be like "is this the same girl?"..lol.. but I guess you could always do a weave or a wig...(if you do that sort of thing..)

Good luck with your decision!

Damn you veggiegirl!!!

THanks ladies, seriously.

My hair in back would be almost apl stretched maybe? honestly i dunno. The front is as long as bangs only...
so unstretched it would be super short.

I'm trying to last at least to december....but it's SO far away!

You may just want to wait. I remember when I inquired about getting some headshots, the photographer was asking for $700 to get them done...and this was several years back, so I am pretty sure it has gotten even more expensive. My opinion is based on strictly economics and the recession

Sorry I'd love to but I caught the bc bug.. go with your heart.. be it cut or wait.. I'm sure you know what you'll be happy with

You may just want to wait. I remember when I inquired about getting some headshots, the photographer was asking for $700 to get them done...and this was several years back, so I am pretty sure it has gotten even more expensive. My opinion is based on strictly economics and the recession

GIRL that's a rip off unless he was one of the 2 greats (one in la and one in ny)
I hope you didn't get em!!! You need headshots i'll refer you to some great photographers for WAAAY less than 700.(myself not included lol)

DON'T DO IT!:lachen: Compromise and just do a trim. How you feel after the trim will help you decide if you want to go further and chop with no regrets

It sounds like to me you have some doubts. I would give it a few weeks or months. If your feelings change. Go with your hearts desire.

I agree with maybe getting a trim and seeing how you feel...

You've been transitioning for an admirable amount of time so I'm sure you can last longer if you really want to :-)

Keep us posted.

I remember your natural hair being so pretty Whimsy, but if you're not 100 % ready, then don't BC.

STEP AWAYYYYYYYY FROM THE DOGGONE SCISSORS!!!!!!

Now that may not be much to really make you not chop the ends off, but just take a deep breath and relax and as another poster said, if you just got headshots done, won't they be looking for the person in the headshots? Seriously, take a deep breath and see if you're feeling the same way tomorrow, the next day or even the next day. If you act on your impulse right now, you won't be able to turn back. If you wait, you will at least be able to still do the BC if the feelings don't subside.

You may be wanting to do something different with your hair right now but maybe it's not different as in "BC different". Girl go do a twistout, or bantu knot set or go get a curly wig or something:grin:. I do understand the restless feeling though but think of the reason you've transitioned for so long.

O.K. whatever you decide, just make sure you will be happy!

BB

You gurls are the best!!
(for the most part... lol)

THANK YOU.... I didn't BC, I'm not going to...yet.
I just have to find a pic of someone with bootylength big beautiful hair so I can put it on my visualization board~

You gurls are the best!!
(for the most part... lol)

THANK YOU.... I didn't BC, I'm not going to...yet.
I just have to find a pic of someone with bootylength big beautiful hair so I can put it on my visualization board~

That is a really good idea!

LOOK AT ME...:giggle: don't do it yet! ITA w/Evsbaby, if you're getting the bug, just go for a good trim/mini chop. I've been feeling the same way lately but I'm sheduled for a trim and I already told her I want at least 2" off, if not more!

Long term transitioners gotta stick together! You're my shero lol.

Eisani - Thank You!! I washed, DCd and put it up in a bun. out of sight, out of mind. I'm just going to keep in a bun all week and not look at my coilies at all.

GIRL that's a rip off unless he was one of the 2 greats (one in la and one in ny)
I hope you didn't get em!!! You need headshots i'll refer you to some great photographers for WAAAY less than 700.(myself not included lol)

Thanks Whimsy! My mom took me to read for a part back when I was like 14 or 15...I'm 31 now with a little one at home...I think it's too late to fulfill my acting dreams! I moving on to the hair dreams instead!!:grin:

Back