HELP ME! it's soooo hard to stick with my routine

bellydancer

HELP ME! it\'s soooo hard to stick with my routine

I wash my hair every other day and it takes 4 hours!! The biggest thing that adds on time is that i section my hair off into 20 loosely braided sections. I undo one braid at a time and apply conditioner. I do the same when i wash the conditioner out and also when i put in my moisturizer afterwards. (the technique from www.growafrohairlong.com). My hair is INCREDIBLY thick so sectioning it off REALLY helps! It takes me an hour just to put in the conditioner! Take down one braid, apply conditioner, braid back up. AN HOUR!!!! I leave it in for a half hour and it takes an hour to wash out the conditioner. And also an hour to put in my moisturizer. I am ALL natural. Is there an easier technique to doing my hair other than the braids. It helps the shampoo get thru my hair to the scalp and WAY easier to comb out and reduces breakage. 4 HOURS FOR THE WHOLE ROUTINE EVERY OTHER DAY!!! help
oh yea it takes all day for my hair to dry too! (i don't use any heat at all)

Re: HELP ME! it\'s soooo hard to stick with my routine

why I cant with that I would have quite a long time ago

Have you tried less sections to see if that would work just as well? Like maybe parting your hair in four big sections? I also hear using a denman brush helps gets the conditioner through and helps detangle natural hair really well.

Where do you get the denman brush? I've tried some knockoffs and they don't go through my hair. My hair isn't nappy. It's jus really thick. I can get a wide tooth comb through it only. I used to part it in 10 sections but the hair near the front of my head is too hard to comb in big sections so i sectioned it more and ended up with 20! Oh well. I guess I'll just have to live with the 4 hours!

If you truely have naps you might want to get the Denman D4 sold at some Sally's as well as Trade Secrets.

The D4 has 9 rows that help to get down into the hair to sorta speak when brushing the hair. I can't stand to brush my daughters thick hair and the brush jumps out and not through it.

I hear that it costs $14!!! I'm considering it but my wide tooth comb was only $2!

Sally's has a good shower comb with a hooked end for hanging it in the shower. I love using this on my relaxed hair. I begin combing my hair while the water is running on my hair rinsing off the conditioner. A conditioner with slip makes a difference as well.

I wash my hair in the sink. I think that I wouldn't have to part my hair in so many section is I washed my hair in the shower. I hear it's easier to detangle. The only problem is THE SHOWER IS BROKEN!!!!!
swearing.gif

I don't think I'm understanding why or how it would take an hour to apply conditione....
confused.gif

Are you including the time you let it sit?

I'm confused.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'm understanding why or how it would take an hour to apply conditione....
confused.gif

Are you including the time you let it sit?

I'm confused.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to undo one braid, apply the conditioner and then braid it back up. It doesn't sound like it would take alot of time but my hair is always so tangled after i wash it so it takes a while to get it down without ripping my hair out. After I get the conditioner distributed (usually 45 minutes to an hour) then I leave it in for a half hour to an hour with a heating cap depending on how long I feel like sitting. I'll be living on campus this fall where they have a shower so I hear that washing it in the shower helps rid of tangles because washing it with my head upside down in the sink is not helping!!!!
angry2.gif

wow bellydancer yo hair sounds really long!! by the sounds of it, it sounds lik u cud try doin less sections or thin in front and a lil thicker in the back coz i take an hour to wash my hair and i still complain!!does the 4 hours include the deep conditioning??

Hey Belly dancer I use the same technique from growafrohairlong.com. Do you comb you hair out and braid it into sections before you wash? That's what I do but with some conditioner and a bit of water before shampooing (create four sections = two braids facing forward and two facing back) Growafrohairlong.com has suggestions on how to comb your hair based on it's texture. I'm sure that my hair is not as thick as yours but I understand the drama. We have a small tv in the bathroom so I prep, wash, condition and style on Thursdays during "Must See TV" It take me about 2-3 hours. But if it saves me form ripping out my hair--I think I'll keep doing it.
look.gif

Bellydancer,
I feel your pain, I have thick hair too, I ususally use 2 sections sometimes 4 and if I don't henna or deep condtion I can get done with the basic wash and condition in 15 mins. But since I braid I have to deep condition, do protein, etc... between braidings so it takes a good 2 hours for all that.
hth

Back