HELP!!! Major breakage at the front of my head!

shinyblackhair

Can someone give suggestions on what to do about this??? I have feeling that ponytails (yes, the drawstring ones too) are to blame. What can I do? I want to wear protective hair styles, but I don't want the stress out my hairline. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

You could try pinning your hair up in a loose style. You can also do a loose bun. These styles are not stressful on the hairline.

I agree with Allandra. A loos style may just be what you need to relieve the stress from the pulling that was done. A good treatment conditioner to rebuild the hair would help also like:

Aphogee Treatment
ORS Mayonnaise
Motions CPR

Re: HELP!!! Major breakage at the front of my head

Another thing you might try is when pulling your hair back part it on one side or another when pulling it back. Like the other ladies mention, pull it back loosely and maybe alternate sides every week.

Q /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I definately agree with what the other ladies suggested. Try a loose bun. Give the ponytail a break for a little bit. Maybe it's too heavy and is pulling too much on your hairline. Try rubbing some vitamin e oil on your hairline, or maybe the ORS Root Stimulator. That seems to work for some people. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i had this problem when i first started wearing the ponytail. in my case, it wasn't the drawstring ponytail that was the culprit. it was me. i was simply pulling my hair too tight for the bun. i think it was because my hair was wavy, and the ponytail was straight. i was overcompensating to get the textures to match. i stopped that fast when my hairline started looking thinner.

vitamin E oil is definitely great for helping the hair come back. i was using capsules, but the liquid is so much less of a pain. i also followed blkmane's suggestion and put vitamin E, rosemary and peppermint oils in a separate container. i used an empty Avon Dry Ends Serum pump bottle. i LOVE using this. it makes my scalp tingle and breathe! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Back