Help ladies... need some tips....

I'm going to try doing my own hair at home in-between trips to the stylist (for relaxers). I've never done this so I'm quite clueless. :confused: I'd like to try to wet set my hair and i don't know where to start... what shampoos and conditoners/setting lotions/rollers/other products etc. would any of you recommend? I have to say that i have lots of hair and absolutely no hand-eye coordination. :dizzy: This could be tricky for me. Suggestions?

There is a sticky at the top of the page you can check out. Its called "This Is The LHCF Directory" I believe.

Dontspeakdefeat also has a link to a guide she wrote that is also excellent. It's called "A Newcomer's Guide To Starting Out"

Otherwise there are hundreds of threads on here asking the same thing, so do a search and happy reading

I use Creme of Nature shampoo at all time, because it helps to keep tangles to a minimum.
I use Penetraitt one week, Keraphix the following, A moisturizing deep conditioner the 3rd (something like KeraKare Humecto), Emergencee the 4th and then start over.
I use Tigi Self Absorbed mixed with Moisture Maniac after rinsing out my deep conditioner/protein.
I use Humectress mixed with either Potion no. 9, Lacio - Lacio, or Sedal Verano Intensivo for my leave-in.

After I'm done with my blowout, I use a little Razac Perfect for Perms headressing for sheen or Sebastian drops.

I highly reccomend elucence products.

My hair has been known to look like ish, but with it, my rollersets come out greeeeeeat!!!

Back