HELP! Interview in 2 hours:Phony pony--yay or nay???

gimbap

I have an interview in approx. 2 hours and my hair is not cooperating! I'm tempted to put it the new drawstring ponytail I got (it's straight, color 2) because it looks really good on me. But I know some people (caucasians) dont "get" weaves. Should I wear it?? Or not??

PLEASE HELP

I say go for it. Especially if if blends well with your hair and you are short on time. Besides, if you feel that you look good in it then your confidence will be up and that can only enhance your appeal to the interviewer!

Miel said:
I say go for it. Especially if if blends well with your hair and you are short on time. Besides, if you feel that you look good in it then your confidence will be up and that can only enhance your appeal to the interviewer!

ITA. Plus don't underestimate "people" cause some of them know more than we do. Show them who you are and Go for it! Good Luck!!

crlsweetie912 said:
yeah, wear it. I would even put it up in a bun for that polished "professional" look!

ITA. Off topic, CRL what lenght do you consider your hair to be? Mine is the same length as your May update maybe an inch longer but not quite APL, but past SL. Hummm maybe collar-bone length?

oobrittany said:
I have an interview in approx. 2 hours and my hair is not cooperating! I'm tempted to put it the new drawstring ponytail I got (it's straight, color 2) because it looks really good on me. But I know some people (caucasians) dont "get" weaves. Should I wear it?? Or not??

PLEASE HELP

Professionals appreciate a professional look. You only have 2 hours to hook it up so hook up your hair that boosts YOUR CONFIDENCE to give the best interview that's already in you! Rock that phony pony and STRUT!:cool: :lol:

And P.S.: White folk don't care about our hair as much as "we" do. "We" give more crap to each other about this stuff in the workplace.... We can deal with this aspect when you get home and let us know that you had a great interview and the job is yours if you want it!;)

Girl, I wore the phony pony in the pic below to work for about 2years. Everyone loved it and it was one of the lowest maintenance hairstyles I've ever worn.

As for your last comment, I have worked with a ton of white women who wear weaves and fake hair pieces, so don't believe the hype.

Attachments

• drawstring pony (2).jpg
    drawstring pony (2).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for all the advice. The interview went very good, they'll be making there decision in "a few weeks" (I HATE when employes say that! Give me an exact date!) Until then back to the resume sending, interview going, post-college job hunt!

And yall are right, them white folk aint pay my hair no mind :lol: I was fierce though :cool:

oobrittany said:

PLEASE HELP

No they don't get 'weaves', they get extensions :lol: . Just teasing, i couldn't help it.

ETA: The tip about putting the phony pony in a bun is great. Personally I wouldn't wear my hair down in any style unless it's cut real short to a job interview.

Last edited:
Back