HELP, I'm a blond! (Photo)

Lorraine

HELP, I\'m a blond! (Photo)

Yesterday I highlighted my hair with the African Pride highlighting kit. I used a shade too light as I couldn't recall what I used before. After ten minutes I not only had blond strands, they were white! What can I do to treat it? Granted there are only a few chunks of bangs but it looks awful. Please help. I need to fix this immediately before a special event this week. Note: I have already been lectured by my friends and family.

Last edited:
Re: HELP, I\'m a blond!

Sebastian colorshines in honey wheat
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Sebastian colorshines in honey wheat
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think they have that at Sally's?

no.

not that i know of.....

If Sally's is all you have access to, I would suggest the Clairol rinses (Beutiful Collection) in their blond shades. Avoid anything with Gold or Red in the name. Try some of the Champagne colors.....

Re: HELP, I\'m a blond! (Photo)

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
Note: I have already been lectured by my friends and family.

Poor photo:
sad04.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ain't hardly started lecturin' yet blondie!!!
confused50.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
Note: I have already been lectured by my friends and family.

Poor photo:
sad04.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ain't hardly started lecturin' yet blondie!!!
confused50.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like family! I knew you would post something. LOL. I can't go to the party like that. I got some Clairol at lunch. BTW, they still haven't restocked Salerm at Wegmans!

Hopefully I can fix this mess tonight.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
what color did you get Lorraine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clairol Loving Care's Dark Brown. What do you think?
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CocoaButterflyy said:
O/T Lorraine where do you live that there is a Wegmans... I used to shop there in N and loved it

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one near me in Dulles, Virginia. I go there everyday. Their deli is soooo good.
smile.gif

Lorraine,

It's going to be very hard to lighten it again if you use that over reviously lightened hair. If you want your bangs to be light again anytime soon, I'd go WAY lighter.

What's the base on it? It shouldn't be blue or green - even if you do want to go that dark....
crazy.gif

Lorraine, look for the colourshines at Wegman's, on the top shelf. Last time I was there I picked up the colourshines in Black Orchid so they may have your shade too.
smile.gif
Let us know how it goes.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Lorraine,

It's going to be very hard to lighten it again if you use that over reviously lightened hair. If you want your bangs to be light again anytime soon, I'd go WAY lighter.

What's the base on it? It shouldn't be blue or green - even if you do want to go that dark....
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel so ignorant. What is base?
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Lorraine, look for the colourshines at Wegman's, on the top shelf. Last time I was there I picked up the colourshines in Black Orchid so they may have your shade too.
smile.gif
Let us know how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, UmSumayyah and I will.
smile.gif

bases are the undertones of the product. it should be on the front of the bottle you bought.
smile.gif

I just got back from the Wegman's
grin.gif
and they do in fact have Honey Wheat.
I passed a lady with blond streaks in the front, she had her hair in a bun/updo. Was that you?

Hi Lorraine,

You can put a Jazzin or Ms. Clariol rinse on top of it to cover it. It's not permanent or damaging

Oh yeah Lorraine. I kinda lke the contrasting streaks. It looks cute to me.

[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
Yesterday I highlighted my hair with the African Pride highlighting kit. I used a shade too light as I couldn't recall what I used before. After ten minutes I not only had blond strands, they were white! What can I do to treat it? Granted there are only a few chunks of bangs but it looks awful. Please help. I need to fix this immediately before a special event this week. Note: I have already been lectured by my friends and family.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it looks cute
smile.gif
What African pride color did you use?

African Pride is awful. I think I used Serenghetti (sp?) Gold. My highlights were dry and brittle.

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
African Pride is awful. I think I used Serenghetti (sp?) Gold. My highlights were dry and brittle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! I think it is really harsh. I used it once and within 2 minutes my streaks were platinum--and over time they eventually broke off. Since then, when I feel the need for highlights, I go to Sally's to buy the pull-through cap and use Dark & Lovely's HOney Blond hair color...I think the regular hair colors are less harsh than many highlighting kits.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarina I used that one the same as BlueFlower. I usually use the other one -- not as blond but I can't recall the name.

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
I just got back from the Wegman's
grin.gif
and they do in fact have Honey Wheat.
I passed a lady with blond streaks in the front, she had her hair in a bun/updo. Was that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but that's funny! We need to meet there for lunch one day. I'm right across the street.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
So, how'd it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ashamed to say I chickened out! I revealed it to the BF last night and it's dramatic but I'm no Lil Kim.
lachen70.gif

I'm going to a party tonight and taking plenty of photos so you ladies can be the judge. The photo above was taken at work. You can see my whiteboard with my assignments on it! LOL. I'm also officially on vacation at 2pm today so I'm wearing a wash and go for the next week to keep my ends moist. After all that's how it grew in the first place.

Seriously, thank you all for your tips and suggestions. This forum is the most wonderful thing that I've come across in a long time. No judgment -- just plenty of open arms and help for support.

Thank you!

kiss.gif

Back