HELP!!!....I Went Out On A Limb....Oh!

TwistNMx

Hello. Can anyone help
confused.gif

I did something that I never thought I would do again. I went to a hairdresser. She is seemingly good, but now I have a dilemma. I let her advise me on putting a cellophane on my hair. Now my hair has been dry and doesn't seem to respond favorably. I read good things about this cellophane and how it's supposed to protect the hair, but now it won't even respond to an overnight roller set the way it did before. My hair comes out dry, frizzy, and flat. Please help...Please help...
Any thoughts or information would really be helpful.

Umm... I remember that we had a similar thread and we came to the conclusion that before applying the cellophanes u should either use a moisturizing shampoo or a conditioner. Most stylists condition after applying the cellophane b/c that is what the instructions say to do.

I would say to just keep washing your hair and it will come out.

Give it a good conditioning (with something very moisturizing) the next time you wash, and you should be fine!
smile.gif
Cellophanes CAN make the hair look dull until they're washed out a bit.
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lovelylocs said:
Umm... I remember that we had a similar thread and we came to the conclusion that before applying the cellophanes u should either use a moisturizing shampoo or a conditioner. Most stylists condition after applying the cellophane b/c that is what the instructions say to do.

I would say to just keep washing your hair and it will come out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you Lovelylocs. I will give it an extra wash. Hopefully you mean that the cellophane will wash out and not my hair...LOL.
Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks a million!

What cellophane did the salon use? Was it the Sebestians Colourshines? I've been thinking about using this one but I can't afford any extra dryness to my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Give it a good conditioning (with something very moisturizing) the next time you wash, and you should be fine!
smile.gif
Cellophanes CAN make the hair look dull until they're washed out a bit.
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Lindy,
I will also moisturize it more. My hair does look dull and frizzy. I will try this good Hawaiian conditioner I bought last year. I thought it was too moisturizing, but I'm now glad that I did not toss it. And since you mention moisture, I will also try a good hot oil treatment.
Thank you so much. :-)

[ QUOTE ]
cowgirl said:
What cellophane did the salon use? Was it the Sebestians Colourshines? I've been thinking about using this one but I can't afford any extra dryness to my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl,
I don't know which brand "yet", but I will surely find out and when I do...hopefully soon, I will let you know right away.

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
I will add that perhaps clarifying 'poo and then a deep moisturizing conditioner. . .

[/ QUOTE ]
Greetings Neroli,
Can you recommend a clarifying shampoo and advise me on what makes it better vs regular shampoo. I really don't know.
Thanx
HP

I honestly don't think I would use a clarifying shampoo at this time, High Priestess. I would think that it would take a lot of the color out. I'd stick with a gentle/moisturizing shampoo and a good deep conditioning.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I honestly don't think I would use a clarifying shampoo at this time, High Priestess. I would think that it would take a lot of the color out. I'd stick with a gentle/moisturizing shampoo and a good deep conditioning.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I will give myself a good hot oil treatment and mositurizing shampoo. The color of the cellophane is not much different from my natural color but I assume moisturizing is the gentle way out and will also keep away the frizz...yes?

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I will give myself a good hot oil treatment and mositurizing shampoo. The color of the cellophane is not much different from my natural color but I assume moisturizing is the gentle way out and will also keep away the frizz...yes?
Thanks to you both. I appreciate your support.

[ QUOTE ]
Cowgirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello
I hope you get this message because I just finally got in touch with my hairdresser who was on vacation and she told me that she used Sebastian's Cellophane. She blamed my hair for being so dry because I "used to" wash it often. What a sham.
crazy.gif
Anyway, I will NOT be getting another one of those again.
As a matter of fact, I'm still trying to correct the problem. I am giving myself another treatment (hot oil) tonight and a deep conditioner.

Back