HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help.

bajanplums1

Hi Ladies,

I have been experiencing a lot of breakage in one particular part of my head. so today, I divided my hair into 5 sections—3 down the middle—like a Mohawk and 1 at each side of my head.

Then I found the CULPRIT, but I don't know what to think. OK. In the last 2 section of the center--so the nape & the section right above the nape I FOUND. On any one particular strand of hair: new growth, straight but THEN: CURLY/CRINKLY hair--similar to my new growth & then straight again.

I had this problem before when I was seeing a stylist, I thought it was too much protein. The pattern then was: new growth--straight--crinkly. So, I cut off 3 inches of crinkly--at that point my hair was pretty long--12-14". This time the crinkly is in the middle!!!??? Some strands broke off where the crinkly ended. By crinkly I mean a loose wave.

What could this be? HElp. I am 7 weeks post relaxer. I wanted to stretch out my relaxer, but I am tempted to do my touch up next week at week 8 and relax more than the new growth. Or perhaps I should see a professional? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Please advise

If you can find a hairdresser you trust you could ask them to do a corrective relaxer only on this part, the next time you get a touch-up or if you're brave you could attempt it on your own.

HTH

Oh so it is just underprocessed? What a relief! I feel better, but what about when it was crinkly at the end of the strand a few years back? could that portion of the hair have reverted?

I have a similar problem. The middle section of my hair is underprocessed and its snapping where the wavy and straight sections meet. I'm doing lots of protein, but its still breaking. I think I'll just have to cut it off gradually. This is the second time I've had this in 18 months. I think I need to use one good relaxer and stylist consistently.

i agree with MsK. i think you should get a corrective relaxer IF you have a stylist that you trust.

i don't believe that other hair reverted. i think it was probably also underprocessed but not as noticeable until it grew out. that's my story, and i'm stickin to it... /images/graemlins/look.gif

Thanks Adrienne, plus I agree with you 100% on your slogan in the siggy. I said the same thing to myself today when I was tempted to cut it. I gotta preserve what I got.

Also Adrienne--are you also a memeber of the Yahoo! group for black hair?

Thanks so much ladies.

i kinda pinched my siggy off my dad. he says it all the time about.. "money, it's not what you make. it's what you keep." i did my own little variation. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i'm a member and moderator of black hair care and body (BHCAB) under the same name. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

so what will you do about the different texture? will you leave it be or get a corrective relaxer?

hmmm. . . well the thing is that I want to stretch out my relaxer because I will be home for xmas break for a month, so I figured that would be a perfect opportunity to just leave my hair alone for a month and then touch it up jan. 14 before I start school.

I think I will use Nature's Gate Jojoba Shampoo to keep my hair strong but moisturized & use Elucence Balancing COnditioner as a regular con & a leave in and moisturize daily--right now I like B&B Honey & Mayonaisse Hair Dressing.

I think that I will only wash my hair every 2 weeks from now until Jan. 14. Then I perform a touch up using my old standby--Beautiful Beginnings No Lye for Fine Hair. What do you think? Thanks Adrienne.

Back