HELP!!! I NEED HELP

LadyZ

My hair is breaking really bad... every time I comb it, I can hear it snap...
Even when I run my hands through it, hair comes out in my hands... when I apply my moisturizer, hair is all over my hands... some long, but mostly ones 3 or 4 inches long... I check the broken hairs for strength and they snap on the second tug... (snap very easily, this is on dry hair not wet)... I am not under any stress... I drink a lot of water... I exercise and eat a well balanced diet... I take vitamin also....

I have been fighting this for the past month... I got a touch up 2 weeks ago...

The only thing that changed over the past month in my regimen, was that I started using Cholesterol for deep conditioning... I was also using Jazzing semi- permanent color for the past 3 months... other than that my regimen is the following:

weekly

Pre-poo = aloe Vera with equal parts distilled water, with a little Sauve
Clarifying added to it...

Shampoo= Optimum Stay Strong or SheaMoisture Shampoo

Hot Oil (once or twice a month) = EVOO, Alma, Coconut, Black Castor oil
I mix them around...

Protein = (whenever needed) Bone Marrow mixed with silicon mix...

Deep Conditioner = Optimum Stay strong, with EVOO added

Leave-In = Cantu leave- in, Black & Sassy Caribbean Cream

Moisturizers = B&B Castor oil, B&B Oil Moisturizers Scurl

I always seal with oil... I wear a satin bonnte or silk scarf every night...

I used to do a Aphogee treatment I have not done one for a while...

I dont know weather my hair needs protein or moisture... I read Sister slicks post and I am still confused...

PLEASE HELP:whyme: :cry2: :cry: :drowning: :burn:

TIA

LadyZ said:
I have been fighting this for the past month... I got a touch up 2 weeks ago...

The only thing that changed over the past month in my regimen, was that I started using Cholesterol for deep conditioning... I was also using Jazzing semi- permanent color for the past 3 months... other than that my regimen is the following:

OK, I'm far from an expert, but I think something in this bolded portion may be the root of the problem. So, you were having breakage issues before your touch-up 2 weeks ago? What cholesterol conditioner are you using? LeKair cholesterol contains protein...if you're using it too frequently, your hair might be breaking due to the protein overload. Were you having any problems with breakage while you were using the Jazzing color?

The first thing that went through my head was too much protein. When you DC try doing it with a moisturizing conditionaer rather than a protein conditioner. You need a balance and it may take a couple of DC's to get it back to normal. Hope your hair gets back to normal! It looks good!

preciousjewel76 said:
OK, I'm far from an expert, but I think something in this bolded portion may be the root of the problem. So, you were having breakage issues before your touch-up 2 weeks ago? What cholesterol conditioner are you using? LeKair cholesterol contains protein...if you're using it too frequently, your hair might be breaking due to the protein overload. Were you having any problems with breakage while you were using the Jazzing color?

I was using Queen Helene... and I think the other one was Lekair.....
My hair tends to shed and break the closer I get to needing a touch up, so I did not think too much about the shedding/breakage would be a problem...
My hair was fine while using the Jazzing at first... then all it once my hair went from decent to bad...

Thanks for responding....I appreciate it deeply...

StunningEssence said:
The first thing that went through my head was too much protein. When you DC try doing it with a moisturizing conditionaer rather than a protein conditioner. You need a balance and it may take a couple of DC's to get it back to normal. Hope your hair gets back to normal! It looks good!

Thank you... I am thinking Protein too... My hair hates protein for some reason... I will surely be working on this.... using more moisturizing products...
thanks you for caring ... it helps...:)

seraphinelle said:
I'm no expert, but it sounds like too much protein.

Thank you very much... I think so too... but it is very confusing to me...
I will up my moisturizing conditioning... I really appreciate your fast response... thanks you very much....

Back