Help! I need a regime to extend my perm

PrincessScorpion

I want to try to extended my perm for 4 months, but I have trouble dealing with all of the new growth. Could someone please suggest a regime and products that I can use to achieve my goal. :D

Try wearing your hair in twist outs and cond wash a couple of times/wk. It keeps you hair nice and soft.

Prince3 said:
I want to try to extended my perm for 4 months, but I have trouble dealing with all of the new growth. Could someone please suggest a regime and products that I can use to achieve my goal. :D

There's a post on extending your relaxer by flat-ironing your roots if you don't mind using heat. What I usually do is wash and condition my hair and then roller-set it. Once it's dried I apply wild growth oil to my scalp, and then I use my mini-glide flat iron to straighten only the newgrowth. You'll want to use some type of serum, oil, or even grease to base the newgrowth before you flat-iron so that the hair doesn't revert.

S-Curl No Drip spray is great for keeping your newgrowth soft & moisturized, conditioning helps soften the new growth as well. If you dont wanna use heat opt for low maintenance/protective styles like braid outs, twist outs, buns etc..

Back