Help I am relaxing in 2 hours which relaxer should I use?

Bluerhapzody

Ok I have a jar of ORS lye and a jar of Silk Elements Lye. WHich ons should I use? I really just dont wanna burn and I've seen a few reviews on ORS super but I have the one for normal hair has anyone used it with out burning? :perplexed

Bluerhapzody said:
Ok I have a jar of ORS lye and a jar of Silk Elements Lye. WHich ons should I use? I really just dont wanna burn and I've seen a few reviews on ORS super but I have the one for normal hair has anyone used it with out burning? :perplexed

Did you base your scalp really well? I relaxed a test section (which was completely natural) with the ORS Regular over a month ago and I did burn but I started sweating becuase I was overdressed and didn't have the window up in the bathroom.

But I did not have any scabs and did not lose any hair. Plus, I have had absolutely no breakage in that area and I always expect at least some breakage. I am really impressed with it and I have always been a raver about Affirm Fiberguard Lye.

You are very welcome. I left it on for 17 minutes. That section of my hair is 4zzzzzzzz (:lol: ) and it took a little longer for the relaxer to break through.

I am going to relax my entire crown area with it in a week or so because I am very happy with how that section is doing and feels.

OK THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS. I decided to go with ORS. basically I put them behind my back and let my DH choose one. I put 1/4 cup of Evoo in it and after I washed it out wasnt as straight as I hoped to be, however after I flatironed it I thought it took really well. Next time I will use a lot less or no Evoo, but overall I am very happy with the results!

OK THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLYS. I decided to go with ORS. basically I put them behind my back and let my DH choose one. I put 1/4 cup of Evoo in it and after I washed it out wasnt as straight as I hoped to be, however after I flatironed it I thought it took really well. Next time I will use a lot less or no Evoo, but overall I am very happy with the results!

Bluerhapzody said:

Pretty much the same thing happened to me (as far as the straightening part). But, like you, when I flat-iron that section, it's stick straight so I'm happy with that. I loooove the way it feels.

So, what all did you do after you put the relaxer on. Also, how long did you leave it on?

ok I am so embarrased to say this but from start to finish it took me like 38 min. Thats a long time, but I think adding the evoo kinda made it ok :confused: . anyway I rinsed real good and I put porosity control in it for 5 min, rinsed and I did the neutralizing shampoo, ORS replenishing conditioner under the dryer for 20 mins. Then I sprayed infusium leave in conditioner and sat under the dryer for a lil bit (until I was about 80% dry) then I blow dryed with proclaim glossing polish (supposedly a heat protectant) and I flat ironed with a lil oil sheen! I think it came out great, I will definitly use it again!:)

That time is not bad at all for self-relaxing. I'm glad that you liked it and it sounds like you had a good conditioning plan going on. Maybe you can post some pics. :D

Back