HELP!!! How can I do Braidouts?

KaramelDiva1978

Hi Ladies,
I have been seeing braidouts and bantus as a part of most of your regimens, esp during the critical timing of stretching relaxers. I am currently 7 weeks post and clearly a "hot mess" by the head. :lachen: Clearly buns and pinups are out due to the fuzziness of the edges. I don't want to manipulate much and I want something cute to hide the new growth. I think a braidout will work. Any tips, advice, or links to do it??

TIA

Braid Out Tutorial (2006)

If your ends are not curling up, use rollers (esp. twisty rods) to get the "natural" effect.

FAQs:
*How do i manage to braid the two textures?

I usually Co-wash my hair in the middle of the week with Organix Coconut conditioner (I have also added oils and butters to it, honey, and more coconut milk). I then deep condition and blow dry it. My mom braids hair, so leave it slightly damp and saturate it (pretty much) with Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Lotion. Makes the hair easier to comb so it doesn't hurt and doesn't break. Some choose to use curly creams like Miss Jessie's Buttercreme to aid in the process and to get hold on the curls.

What are the "do and don'ts" of braid outs?
Do not straighten or "blowout" the hair before braiding it. If the hair is too straight the the braids will unravel. I had to learn this the hard way.
Do make sure you deep condition and moisturize the hair. You don't want the hair to break as its braided.
Do use organic butters to help detangle and moisture the hair.
Do use your growth aids. This is the perfect chance for you to soak up all of that Boundless Tresses, Lenzi's Request, Surge 14, MN, Sulfur 8 into those strands.
**Do moisturize and oil
I am a PJ so I am always finding ways to get rid of all the products I have so I can buy more. I alternate between my favorite butters, moisturizers and oils; This makes my un-braiding so much easier and my hair is getting stronger.

If your ends are not curling up, use rollers (esp. twisty rods) to get the "natural" effect.

Here is a view of the un-braided strands. I know, my hair is a little greasy and my BF complains (quite frankly,I don't know why he has his hands in my hair to begin with, WTF???). But your hair becomes too oil to be enjoyed, just wipe braids with damp cloth or hold up on the greases.

How do i tame the fly-aways?
This is easily solved in 1-2-3 steps:
***Wet hair with detangler or Surge 14, or water (in spray bottle) and run it through the hair. Don't spray too much or your curls will go limp.

***Use a damp cloth and run through hair. Then comb through with detangling comb or K-cutter comb.

Oh thank you so much!! Your tutorials are a big help. I will condition wash and use them tonight. I cannot cornrow my own hair, so the big braids method will definitely work for me. Can you tell me how long it usually lasts? Will I have to do this again on tomorrow night?

Traycee, your fotki results are only from 6 braids? That's beautiful and absolutely amazing.

Thank you so much for your quick responses. I have marked both of your pages as favorites. Hopefully if my results come out like yours, I will post pics tomorrow.

Back