HELP!! Hard Water??? What to do???

loverofnaps71

I just moved to another apartment, and I noticed that despite deep conditioning and other efforts, my hair has been matting and tangled recently. Even my beloved Pantene conditioner can't get the tangles out, and I can't comb my matted hair.
mad.gif
Then, I realized that I might have hard water. Is there anything I can do about this?
confused.gif

I had the same problem. You probably need a shower filter. A lot of people here like the Sprite filter. I have an Aquasana. If you don't want to buy a filter, you can use hard water shampoo and conditioner (I know ION makes them) and do your final rinse with distilled water.
smile.gif

ETA:
I've read that conditioners with citric acid and fruit extracts high on the ingredient list can combat the effects of hard water. Just get the filter.
laugh.gif

Using distilled water (at least for final rinses) would definitely help. I have hard water too (I think all of DC does), and distilled water has alleviated the problem.

Thank you so much, Miss Brown and Sassy Girl!!! Where can I get the filters from? Also, I spray my hair each morning with an Olive Oil-essential oil-distilled water mist. Still have problems. I thought that maybe I should switch up products as well. Been using Pantene a lot and it might have gotten "used" to my hair.

Thanks again! You guys are a life saver.
kiss.gif

Miss Brown: where in D.C. do you originate?

Back