HELP!!! Bride Transitioning!!!!

Jassy28

Hi Ladies!! I have been transitioning for 5 months now and planned to do my big chop after my big day. The problem is I am not sure how to style my hair for my wedding. I really wanter to do a sleek side bun or soft curls, but I am afraid that my style will not hold up in the July heat and all the dancing. I want to look good the whole day! The LAST thing I want is for my hair to revert and have my hair turn into a hot mess!! I am so tempted to relax my hair and start over after the wedding. What do you ladies think? Should I just relax and sacrifice my progress for great wedding day hair or come up with some other styles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think the best thing if you are in transition...is to go with an up do...and these days if you have a really good stylist...there are lots of options...I would then add flowers or some really beautiful hair accessories....combs, pins etc. Good luck girl...I hope you look like a goddess.....by the way...I bc'd two days ago~

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I think the best thing if you are in transition...is to go with an up do...and these days if you have a really good stylist...there are lots of options...I would then add flowers or some really beautiful hair accessories....combs, pins etc. Good luck girl...I hope you look like a goddess.....by the way...I bc'd two days ago~

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Thanks so much and congrats on the big chop! Yay!! I think flowers is a great idea. I saw a really pretty floral headband that would be pretty. Thanks again for the ideas:)

I got married in the dominican republic (MEGA humidity) when I was at 15 months into my transition. My hair held up. Thank God for hairspray, lol. Test styles prior to the big day. The dominican hairdresser blowdried my hair then curled it all over while using a ton of hairspray. I had a sort of a pin curled up-do. It looked like a disney character hair style, like what the princesses at disneyland wear, lol. I was SO skeptical as she did it and added all that hairspray but it totally held up. And looked so pretty and shiney in the pictures. Actually it held up so good that the 2nd day even after sleeping on it, it was still perfect for a 2nd photo shoot. If I can figure out how to post pics I will add it in here.

A twist/braid and curl perhaps to match the different textures. Maybe if you look into more textured styles that may work out. Or opt for blowdry as opposed to a sleek flat iron job?

I was transitioning when my fiance proposed and automatically thought about a good whole lace wig to wear in a slicked back bun. Since I've chopped, I'm still sticking with the wig idea, but doing for a more loose curl look since I have a birdcage veil.

Congrats on the wedding!

Congratulations.

I'm voting for whole head weave. Bachlorette party, rehersal dinner, wedding, reception, pictures, honeymoon, making love, pool, making love, honeymoon pictures, making love, did I say making love? You wanna wake up with you cute on too.

Hi Ladies!! I have been transitioning for 5 months now and planned to do my big chop after my big day. The problem is I am not sure how to style my hair for my wedding. I really wanter to do a sleek side bun or soft curls, but I am afraid that my style will not hold up in the July heat and all the dancing. I want to look good the whole day! The LAST thing I want is for my hair to revert and have my hair turn into a hot mess!! I am so tempted to relax my hair and start over after the wedding. What do you ladies think? Should I just relax and sacrifice my progress for great wedding day hair or come up with some other styles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Whatever you decide, just realize that you will have to look at your wedding pictures for the rest of your life, so you need to be HAPPY. I have been married 19 years, and I still love my wedding hair! My husband loved it as well? Maybe ask your future husband how he would like your hair, then decide?

Last edited:
Back