HELP (ASAP) with Protective Styling

Chichi

Hello Ladies,

I've read a lot about protective styling and I would finally like to start wearing them. Thing is, I don't really know how to do a good "bun" or chignon
confused.gif

Can anyone help with step by step tips? I have shoulder length hair that is somewhat thin and uneven. My goal is to make a nice, professionally looking bun. I checked Black Sophisticate's magazine with no luck...

What clips do you use to gather the hair up tight and smooth? I have a big metal one but I know that is a no no. If there is a web site with how tos, that would be great too. (PS I am not into hair pieces and would not like to try the ponytail method etc. --- I think it's a great idea but not my personal preference.)

Thanks for any tips!

Chichi
bdance.gif

This is how I do my bun. I comb all my hair back (sometimes with a side part or center part). I gather my hair like I'm putting it in a ponytail. I twist my hair (all the hair together, not in two sections or anything). Then I coil it into a bun and secure it. HTH.

Thanks very much Allandra!!! Now if there was only something that I could do about this puny looking bun...

Chichi

what if your hair is not long enough for one of these srtyles? my hair does not do that and i have tried french twists and my hair is thick and shorter so they dont stay. what should i do?

Back