Help! Any Colorists Out There?

Jalen's Mom

I had my second consultation with Aveda yesterday to get the process rolling to finally get my highlights. The expert colorist proceeded to explain that since my semi-permanent color is acting more like a permanent color (due to relaxer, porous hair, etc.), and I have started to get grey hair, they need to perform the following steps to get my hair the color that I want it:

1) Lift the existing color from my hair
2) Highlight the hair (weave method) - Caramel Color
3) Add demi-permanent color (Brown) on the rest of my hair (to cover the grey)

Does this sound okay ladies? My hair is in pretty good shape, but I want to make sure that it stays that way. I had problems in the past with highlights, but they were through my regular stylist at the time, not Aveda. And I hadn't been introduced to LHCF...I didn't know a thing about moisture & protein balance back then.

If anyone if familiar with Aveda coloring, they're using the Deep color line.

TIA for any help! :yawn:

I have only heard great things about Aveda colorists
As someone who has had a semi-permanent color act as a permanent on my hair (and who used to like to change colors a lot) that is definitely what she/he needs to do
Removing the color isn't that harsh of a process. She will probably use Uncolor or something like that. Highlighting is so that the colors will be seen more and the demi-permanent is the applying of the color. I have never used the demi before, but I typically use color just to enhance my hair not to cover gray.

I am sure it will look awesome. All of my friends who have gone to an Aveda salon for color always come back with great results and fabulous hair.

Back