Hello Newbie here!

myhair1014

Hello Ladies,

First I want to say how I am excited to join this site yet I feel so overwhelmed. I have no idea what the acronyms mean and I have a slew of other issues. Let's tackle my hair issues first,

Currently the front of my hair is my strength (I have relaxed hair), after getting my relaxer 2 weeks ago I see alot of shedding. I also did the aphrogee at the same time and my color (rinse), is my hair over processed? How can stop the shedding and occasional breakage? In August I combed the back of my hair and the whole thing fell out. Even though it is growing there is a major hair difference!

What vitamins should I be taking?

Thanks in advance ladies.
Also I have just moved to the ATL area (McDonough), where can I find a dominican hair dresser in the area.

Hey newbie!!!

Welcome to the board.

I did a post about vitamins and I will bump it for you...its called the ultimate vitamin guide. Don't feel pressured to take everything. Read about the different supplements and pick a couple to try out at a time.

I would say don't get a relaxer and color done at the same time or close to an relaxer. I know a lot of the ladies use henna on here which is a natural cloring, I think. U might have to chime in on them to get that info. I fnger comb my hair and moisturize it every night and in the morning. Try to get your relaxers evey 3 months or more if you can. this has helped me with thickness. I don't use a blow dryer. I use my sit under dryer to dry my hair or air dry.

If u flat iron, use onaly once a week and use a heat protectant. No excuses.
Find what products work good for your hair. a lot of things that work for someone else may not work for you.

Stay away from stylist who won't listen to u and do what u want.

Stay consistent with your vits once you start. I use futurebiotics hair, skin and nails, msm, grapeseed, alpha lopic acid, and flinstone vits.

Sleep with a satin or silk scarf at night or when u lay down. hope that helps and let me know if u need to know anything else. Welcome to the site too. i think you will like it and be hooked.

I would say don't get a relaxer and color done at the same time or close to an relaxer. I know a lot of the ladies use henna on here which is a natural cloring, I think. U might have to chime in on them to get that info. I fnger comb my hair and moisturize it every night and in the morning. Try to get your relaxers evey 3 months or more if you can. this has helped me with thickness. I don't use a blow dryer. I use my sit under dryer to dry my hair or air dry.

If u flat iron, use onaly once a week and use a heat protectant. No excuses.
Find what products work good for your hair. a lot of things that work for someone else may not work for you.

Stay away from stylist who won't listen to u and do what u want.

Stay consistent with your vits once you start. I use futurebiotics hair, skin and nails, msm, grapeseed, alpha lopic acid, and flinstone vits.

Sleep with a satin or silk scarf at night or when u lay down. hope that helps and let me know if u need to know anything else. Welcome to the site too. i think you will like it and be hooked.

Thanks for the reponse. I am lucky if I can go 6 weeks without a relaxer. I really see breakage if I go any longer. I dont flat iron at all so that saves me one less things. I need to get my vits back.

Welcome!!!!! Youll find lots of help to your questions! Dont worry things will turn around for you in no time!!!!!

:welcome3:
Two pieces of advice.
1. Be patient
2. Don't jump on every bandwagon.

Happy Growing!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome:

The ladies have given you some good advice. I would add that it is important to find what works for you and stick with it.:yep:

:welcome3:
Two pieces of advice.
1. Be patient
2. Don't jump on every bandwagon.

Happy Growing!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wavey: and :grouphug3:
Excellent advice from Xavier! You should give some more details about your regimen so it may be easier to pinpoint an issue. One thing you might definitely need to do is increase your moisture! Do some nice deep conditioning and daily moisturizing to start. But once you give more details, you can get some more specific advice.
So, welcome to the Board!!! :grin:

Hi mami! I just wanted to welcome you. I'm still somewhat new...so just find what works for you and stick with it!!!Good luck:yep:!

Back