HE LTR Split End Protector

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Other than providing a delicious smell :lick:, what's the true benefits of using this product? Marketing suggests -- prevent split ends and maintain your long locks. I'm unsure if it's really protecting my ends but I usually slather a tad bit on my hair and ends after I moisturize and before I seal when I'm bunning.

A few questions --
(1) Do you find that HE LTR split in protector truly protects your split ends?
(2) How are you using this product in your reggie?

Since split ends can happen from having dry ends the moisture from the product protects them from splitting?

I use it as moisturizer every day, and and a leave in every wash.

Last edited:
Well it has silicone in it and I heard kimmaytube mention in one of her videos that while she does not like to use silicones, silicones can help seal the cuticles once applied to the hair...:look:

Well it has silicone in it and I heard kimmaytube mention in one of her videos that while she does not like to use silicones, silicones can help seal the cuticles once applied to the hair...:look:
I notice my ends tend to clump together when I overuse the prod. I like how it makes the hair soft but wasn't sure if it really did much for split ends. Do you use this?

I notice my ends tend to clump together when I overuse the prod. I like how it makes the hair soft but wasn't sure if it really did much for split ends. Do you use this?

I have this product and you were probably being heavy handed with it:), I do believe that they mean it will help protect the hair from "getting" split ends more so than if you only used the shampoo/conditioner and NO leave ins.:yep:

When I was using this product, I used it as a moisturizer and a leave-in.

And I did notice that my ends looked good with this product. They were in kind of bad shape, but they looked and felt smooth and shiny. This was probably because of the cones, which have the ability to temporarily stick back together split ends and gloss over raggedy spots in the cuticle layer. The hair is still in bad shape, but you just can't see the splits and damage nearly as well.
That's partially why I decided to take a break from the stuff....I loved how it made my hair look and feel (and smell), but it wasn't letting me see my hair as it truly was.

Last edited:
Back